This page is for requesting the addition or removal of user rights, not only administrator rights, on the multilingual wikisource. Requests for administrator actions should be placed on Wikisource:Scriptorium or another relevant page. Requests for bureaucrat actions should be placed on Wikisource:Bureaucrats.
|Protected edit requests (1):|
List of current administrators
- Ankry – Polish, English, Russian
- BRUTE – Georgian, English, Russian
- Candalua – Venetian, Italian, English
- -jkb- (bureaucrat) – Czech, Slovak, German, English, limited Russian and Spanish
- Jon Harald Søby – Norwegian, English, Northern Sami, Swahili
- Jusjih (importer) – Chinese (traditional and simplified), English, French (nearly intermediate), Korean (basic), Japanese (learning)
- Koavf – eng-N, spa-2
- Mahagaja (earlier as Angr) – English (native), German, French, Irish, Latin
- Ooswesthoesbes (bureaucrat, importer) – Limburgish, Dutch, Ripuarian, English
- Satdeep Gill – Punjabi, Hindi, Urdu, English
- Tpt – French, English
- VIGNERON – Français, English, Deutsch, Latina, brezhoneg, Chinese
- Yann – English, French, Hindi
- Zyephyrus (bureaucrat) – English, French, limited Spanish
- अजीत कुमार तिवारी – Hindi, English, Urdu, Bhojpuri, Maithili (Basic), Bengali (Basic)
- अनिरुद्ध! – Hindi
More than 12 months with no edits or log actions
- DeirdreAnne (earlier as Doug) (importer) – English (native), German, French (read, write with great difficulty) – inactive since October 2018
- LadyInGrey – Spanish – inactive since August 2019
- Phe – French, English – inactive since February 2018
- SWilson (WMF) – English – inactive since September 2016
List of former administrators
The users below retired after distinguished service as administrators, many because they were administrators in the early days of the project but became too busy with other Wikimedia Foundation responsibilities, they would generally be welcomed back as admins.
- Angela (former steward and board member)
- Tim Starling (Lead staff developer and System administrator)
- Brion Vibber (Staff developer:Lead software architect, former WMF Chief Technical Officer) – English, Esperanto
- Bastique – (steward)
- VasilievVV – Russian, English
- ThomasV (developer) – English, French, German (last edit 27 June 2011, last log action 21 February 2011, unanimously desysopped 3 November 2012)
Desysoped for long inactivity
The users below were desysopped after a very long period of inactivity and with no reply and would be expected to go through a nomination and vote before re-appointment
- Dr Absentius – Greek, French (last edit 2004-04-11, unanimously desysoped on 2007-02-07)
- Menchi (last edit 19 Sep 2004, unanimously desysoped on 2007-02-07)
- Samuel – Chinese (last edit 2004-05-20, unanimously desysoped on 2007-02-07)
- Maveric149 (last edit 2005-02-16, unanimously desysoped on 2007-02-07)
- Kalki (1 edit in 2005, unanimously desysoped on 2007-02-07)
- Ambivalenthysteria (last edit august 2005, unanimously desysoped on 2007-02-07)
- Caton (former account of Marc, unanimously desysoped on 2007-02-07)
- Maveric149 (unanimously desysoped on 2007-02-07)
- Daniel Mayer (unanimously desysoped on 2007-02-07)
- NOTE: Maveric149 and Daniel Mayer are the same person.
- Shin-改 – Japanese (last edit 17 January 2006)
- GregRobson (last edit 17 January 2006 )
- Christian S – Danish, English (Reply in Danish to Swedish and Norwegian) (last edit 8 april 2006)
- Gubbubu – Hungarian with some English and Latin / Magyar, angol, latin (last edit 7 May 2007 )
- Marc (formerly/anciennement Caton – French) (last edit 17 March 2007)
- Zhaladshar (one edit in 2008; last edit 8 August 2007)
- Shizhao – (former steward) – Chinese, Russian (one edit in 2008; last edit 11 October 2007)
- Mxn – Vietnamese, Spanish (one edit in 2008)
- ArnoLagrange – French, Esperanto, English, German (last edit 6 September 2008)
- Innv – Russian, English (last edit February 2010)
- ThomasBot – Bot of ThomasV (last edit in September 2010/last log action 7 December 2010, unanimously desysopped 3 November 2012)
- Maximillion Pegasus – Basic Italian and Spanish (last edit in February 2011/last log action 28 February 2011, unanimously desysopped 3 November 2012)
- វ័ណថារិទ្ធ – Khmer, English (last edit: 2015-01-21; last log action: 2014-06-14, desysopped 3 March 2017)
- Dovi – English, Hebrew, basic French (last log action: 2015-11-19, desysopped 3 March 2017)
- John Vandenberg (developer) – English – (last edit: 2016-05-26, desysopped 30 August 2018)
- Eclecticology – (also former bureaucrat) (last edit: 2013-08-18; last log action: 2011-03-24; passed away 12 September 2016)
Requests for rights
Requests for adminship
Important notice: Please do not request sysop status on this site if you plan to request a subdomain,
and to mainly participate in that subdomain. Please wait until your subdomain is created, and request to be an admin there.
Requests for bureaucrat rights
Requests for other rights
- Do we actually need somebody with "translation admin rights" here? In fact, I have no idea... -jkb- (talk) 16:46, 27 December 2020 (UTC)
- @Mahagaja: see [https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Special:ListGroupRights here), the thread "Übersetzungsadministratoren"
- one more ping, also @ Zyephyrus: see here in German. -jkb- (talk) 22:07, 9 January 2021 (UTC)
- It's fine to give translation admin rights here and in fact, it is something that we should do in principle (i.e. without necessarily saying that this user should have them in this instance). Since many help and project pages are written in English but this is supposed to be a multilingual wiki, it's important to have translation admins who can translate our policies into other languages. Furthermore, I recall having seen Minorax around and I think he's a reliable editor, so if he's claiming language competency in something, then I say believe him until we know otherwise. Thanks. —Justin (koavf)❤T☮C☺M☯ 00:10, 10 January 2021 (UTC)
- Hello Minorax,
- 1. Can you give some links to translations you have done?
- 2. Can you answer this question copied from my talk page?
Début de citation
- Bonjour Zyephyrus, et tous mes meilleurs vœux pour cette nouvelle année qui débute.
Fin de citation
Two questions, @Minorax::
- which languages can you speak?
- do you know which languages are common here at oldwikisource?
- @Zyephyrus: See mw:Special:Contribs/Minorax. As for what the quote, it roughly translates to "Hello Zyephyrus, Happy New Year. Quick question: now that the Walloon wikisource has its own subdomain, would the related pages here be deleted, or is it done automatically after a certain time?"
- @Minorax:, I had seen your contribs first thing after you requested these rights on December's 19th and I checked all that I could grasp of what you had done, here and on other wikies: what I thought of you is: this user does what announced, a reliable contributor. Then I have hesitated because your translation "would the related pages here be deleted?" had been a misunderstanding, the question was: "must I request these deletions?". So I was not sure whether it was important enough to tell you this or not.Now you know everything about what I thought. I agree to give you these rights now. --Zyephyrus (talk) 18:02, 5 February 2021 (UTC)
- @-jkb-: I speak English (en) and Mandarin Chinese (zh) and have some (little) knowledge for Korean (ko), Malay (ms) & French (fr). As for the second part, I have no idea.
- The main purpose of the translation extension is to just simply make the page available to be translated into other languages by other editors. Wikisource:Bots is one of the few pages that has been marked for translation and is available in other languages, such as Italian & Chinese. --Minorax (talk) 23:58, 9 January 2021 (UTC)
I agree with Koavf, this is a multilingual wiki, so there is a very good reason to have translation admins, and I think Minorax is a user that can be trusted. So I so no reason not to do that. --Ooswesthoesbes (talk) 07:30, 10 January 2021 (UTC)
- OK, as for me we can do it. Zyephyrus do you agree as well? -jkb- (talk) 09:18, 10 January 2021 (UTC)
- By the way, we have here four users with the rights already. -jkb- (talk) 09:54, 10 January 2021 (UTC)
After my question to User:Zyephyrus (see my edit 09:18, 10 January 2021) I was waiting for the answer. But obviously it has been done, and should be noticed here. -jkb- (talk) 23:51, 6 February 2021 (UTC)
- You have known me for a long time, -jkb-, and you will not be surprised that I was so busy finding the image that Minorax will see on their talk page, I was so busy finding exactly what I meant to signify, that I didn't do it in the right order. Do pardon me if I haven't waited.
- Done --Zyephyrus (talk) 10:29, 7 February 2021 (UTC)
- Hey Zyephyrus, is there something wrong? I was waiting for your reply here, then suddenly I saw your notice on the talk page of Minorax, but no announcement or something like that. So I had like to know what going on. Thats all. Regards and sorry, if there was something wrong in my edit!. -jkb- (talk) 23:10, 7 February 2021 (UTC)
Nigmont, request for flag 'suppressredirect'
I am asking for granting me, if that is possible, one special flag, namely:
- Not create redirects from source pages when moving pages (suppressredirect)
During my work in the Mordvinic Wikisources (Moksha and Erzya), I from time to time do mistakes in the created items (pages), and after those mistakes I am forced to do renaming to the proper name and put the needless redirect to deletion. I think it would be better that I could do renaming without creation of needless redirects and avoid bothering admins with requests to delete those futile redirects. I am not intending to use this flag outside of those local Wikisources (except, may be, in the cases of obviously needed help to good-faith users from other Wikisources). --Nigmont (talk) 17:15, 10 July 2021 (UTC)
- I guess it is a fine idea and I wouldn't have any objections, but according to this page it doesn't seems to be as easy... :-( somebody an idea? -jkb- (talk) 17:24, 10 July 2021 (UTC)
- I myself also admit that it is, most likely, not possible without acquiring for me a user group having extended set of rights including this one. But at this moment I don't feel myself ready to get any of those user groups, I want only this specific flag. I it is possible then it would be fine; but if not (sigh) — allright, then let it stay as it has been before. --Nigmont (talk) 17:55, 10 July 2021 (UTC)
Votes for removal of rights
This areas is for votes to remove rights, either for inactivity or for misuse of rights (or any other reason). Please vote/comment on whether you think that the users below should keep or lose their respective user rights. Unless otherwise noted, users who have multiple rights will only have the rights under the particular section removed (i.e. a user with both admin and bureaucrat rights who is nominated for removal of bureaucrat rights, will retain their admin rights). However, normally bureaucrats who lose their admin rights will also lose their bureaucrat rights. Removals of most rights require a Steward, after a discussion is closed with a result of removal, the closing editor should post a request on meta.
Vote for removal of administrator privileges
This section is for removal of admin rights ("desysopping") If you have been listed here due to inactivity, but intend to resume admin duties, please indicate this so that others can re-evaluate whether you should be desysopped. Admins who are desysopped due to inactivity are encouraged to resume administration whenever they wish, either by talking to a crat or initiating a request above. Admins who do not respond may be automatically desysopped after 30 days.
- Desysop per over two-year inactivity (however he is still active in English Wikipedia). Ankry (talk) 14:12, 16 August 2018 (UTC)
- On hold. Let's await whether he responds. Otherwise, desysop. --Ooswesthoesbes (talk) 15:26, 16 August 2018 (UTC)
- On hold per Ooswesthoesbes.--Jusjih (talk) 04:10, 19 August 2018 (UTC)