Wikisource:Scriptorium

From Wikisource
Jump to: navigation, search

Welkom · أهلا و سهلا · Xoş gəlmişsiniz · Вiтаем · Добре дошъл · স্বাগতম · Degemer mat · Dobrodošli · Benvinguts · Ⲛⲟϥⲣⲓ · Croeso · Velkommen · Willkommen · Şıma xeyr ameyê · Κκαλώς ήρθες · Welcome · Bonvenon · Bienvenidos · Tere tulemast · Ongietorri · خوش آمدید · Tervetuloa · Bienvenue · Wolkom · Fáilte · भळु-औणु · સુસ્વાગત · ברוכים הבאים · स्वागतम · Dobrodošli · Isten hozott · Aloha · Բարի գալուստ · Benvenite · Selamat datang · Nno̱ · Bonveno · Velkommin · Benvenuti · ᐊᕆᐅᙵᐃᐹ · ようこそ · fi'i · Sugeng rawuh · კეთილი იყოს შენი მობრძანება · Tikilluarit · 환영합니다 · Salve · Wil sha · Bonveni · Wilkóm · Laipni lūdzam · സ്വാഗതം · स्वागत आ · Merħba · Welkom · Bonvenio · Velkommen · Planvengut · Witajcie · Bem-vindo · Allinmi hamusqaykichik · Bun venit · Добро пожаловать · स्वागतम् · ආයුබෝවන් · Vitajte · Dobrodošli · Soo dhowow · Mirëserdhët · Добро дошли · Wilujeng sumping · Välkommen · Karibu · స్వాగతం · Хуш омадед · ยินดีต้อนรับ · yI'el · Mabuhay · Hoşgeldiniz · Räxim itegez · Maeva · Benvenescu · خۇش كەپسىز · خوش آمديد · Chào mừng đến · Benokömö · კუჩხი ბედინერი ჸოფედას თქვანი მოზოჯუა · װילקום · 欢迎 · 歡迎 · (edit)


ar: هذا الموقع الرئيسي لنقاش ويكي مصدر ومكان طلب المساعدة. استخدم اللغات التي تعرف، وترجم ما ترغب.
bn: উইকিসংকলনের বিষয়বস্তু ও সমস্যার আলোচনা করার এইটি একটি কেন্দ্রীয় আলোচনার স্থান। প্রয়োজন হলে সাহায্য চাইতে পারেন। আপনি যে ভাষা জানেন তাই ব্যবহার করতে পারেন ও অনুবাদ করতে পারেন।
de: Dies ist eine zentrale Stelle, um alle Themen um Wikisource zu diskutieren, und ein Platz, um nach Hilfe zu fragen. Benutzen Sie die Sprache(n), die Sie beherrschen, und übersetzen Sie, was Ihnen gefällt.
diq: No wikiçıme heta merselan war ardış u mınaqeşe kerdış i heta cay peşti waştışiyo.Zıwanê ke şıma zanê ê zımani dı iştıraq bıkerê u açarnayış seni beno bıumısê.
el: Αυτή είναι η κεντρική τοποθεσία για να συζητήσετε θέματα για τη Βικιθήκη, αλλά και το μέρος για να ζητήσετε βοήθεια. Χρησιμοποιήστε τη γλώσσα (ή τις γλώσσες) που γνωρίζετε και μεταφράστε αυτά που θέλετε.
en: This is the central location for discussing issues with Wikisource, and the place to ask for help. Use the language(s) you know, and translate what you like.
eo: Ĉi tio estas la centra loko por diskuti problemojn pri Vikifontaro, kaj la loko por serĉi helpon. Uzu la lingvo(j)n kiu(j)n vi konas, kaj traduku kion vi volas.
es: Este es el lugar central para discutir cualquier asunto de Wikisource y es el lugar para pedir ayuda. Use los idiomas que conozca, y traduzca lo que crea necesario que otros sepan.
fr: Ceci est la page principale pour discuter de ce qui a trait à Wikisource, et pour demander de l’aide. Utilisez la (ou les) langue(s) que vous connaissez, et traduisez ce qui vous plaît.
gbm: इ च मझळु अड्डा विकीसोतु दगड़ मुद्दा बारा म छुंई लगाणु खुणी, अर ठाणु मदद मंगण खुणी. इस्तेमाल कारा उ भाखा ज्व तुमु बिंगुदौ, अर बदलाखरा जू च पसंद​।
he: זה הדף המיועד לדיונים העוסקים בויקיטקסט, והמקום לפנות לעזרה. השתמשו בשפות שאתם מכירים, ותרגמו את מה שאתם רוצים.
hy: Սա Վիքիդարանի հետ կապված հարցերի քննարկման կենտրոնական վայրն է, որտեղ դուք կարող եք նաև դիմել հարցերով։ Օգտագործեք ձեր իմացած լեզուն(երը) և թարգմանե՛ք ի՜նչ կամենում եք։
io: Ita esas la centrala loko por diskutar problemi pri Wikifonto, e la loko por serchar helpo. Uzez la linguo/i quan vu parolas, e tradukar quon/in vu volas.
it: Questo è il luogo principale dove discutere di Wikisource, e il posto dove chiedere aiuto.Scrivi nella lingua che vuoi, puoi anche tradurre quello che vuoi.
ja: ここはプロジェクトについて議論したり、質問がある時に尋ねたりするための場所です。お望みの言語を使って書き込んで下さい。他の人の書き込みを翻訳して下さる方も歓迎です。
ko: 이곳은 주로 위키문헌과 관련된 문제들에 관한 논의를 하는 곳이며 도움을 구할 수 있는 곳입니다. 당신이 구사할 수 있는 언어를 사용해서 마음껏 번역해 주시길 바랍니다.
nl: Dit is de centrale plek om elk onderwerp in Wikisource te bediscussiëren en de plaats om hulp te vragen. Gebruik de taal die je kent en vertaal wat en wanneer je wilt.
pl: To główne miejsce dyskusji o sprawach związanych z Wikiźródłami i miejsce uzyskiwania pomocy. Używaj języków, które znasz i tłumacz co i kiedy chcesz.
pt: Esta é a página principal para discutir tudo o que se relaciona com o Wikisource e também o lugar para procurar ajuda. Faça uso da(s) língua(s) que conhece, e traduza os textos que quiser.
ro: Acesta este locul central de discutare a problemelor legate de Wikisursă și locul unde se poate solicita ajutor. Folosiți limbile pe care le stăpâniți, și când doriți, traduceți ceea ce vă place
ru: Это центральное место для обсуждений, связанных с Викитекой в целом, а также место, где можно спросить о помощи. Используйте язык, который вы знаете и переводите что и когда вам нравится.
su: Ieu mangrupa loka pikeun nyawalakeun hal-hal ngeunaan Wikisource, sarta tempat pikeun ménta pitulung. Pigunakeun basa nu ku anjeun dipikawanoh, tarjamahkeun nu dipikaresep.
sv: Detta är den huvudsakliga platsen där alla typer av frågor rörande Wikisource diskuteras och där nya frågor kan ställas. Använd de språk som du kan och översätt när och vad du vill av andra.
tl: Ito ang sentrong lokasyon para pag-usupan ang mga isyu kasama ng Wikisource, at ang lugar upang humingi ng tulong. Gamitin ang (mga) wika na alam mo, at isalin ang anong gusto mo.
uk: Це центральне місце для обговорень, пов'язаних з Вікіджерелами в цілому, а також місце, де можна попросити про допомогу. Використовуйте мову, яку ви знаєте і перекладайте те, що вам подобається.
vi: Đây là trung tâm để thảo luận các vấn đề liên quan đến Wikisource. Bạn sử dụng các ngôn ngữ bạn biết, và dịch những gì bạn thích.
vo: Atos binon top cifik, kö mögos ad bespikön valikosi dö Vükifonät, e kö kanoy i begön yufi. Gebolös pükis, kelis sevol, e tradutolös utosi, kelosi vilol.
zh-hant: 這裡是討論與維基文庫有關話題和尋求幫助的頁面。使用您所了解的語言留言。您也可以在任何時候把他人的留言翻譯成您熟悉的語言。
zh-hans: 这里是讨论与维基文库有关话题和寻求帮助的页面。使用您所了解的语言留言。您也可以在任何时候把他人的留言翻译成您熟悉的语言。
(edit)


Important project pages: What is Wikisource?Wikisource and WikibooksVotesCopyrightPossible copyright violationsProposed deletionsCatalogingWikisource and Project Gutenberg

Languages: Language policyLanguage domain requestsLanguage domain requests/Rules for votingList of Wikisource Languages

Coordination: StatisticsProofreadPage StatisticsSubdomain coordinationNews


Pre-launch discussions


Archives

The whole history is here.

Proposal for keyboard shortcuts[edit]

I prefer to edit with the keyboard, so shortcuts like "Alt+Shift+E" to edit are valuable. In the Page: namespace, we don't have shortcuts for navigating pages. I'd like to propose that we 1.) add these and 2.) that they should be "Alf+Shift+→", "Alf+Shift+←", and "Alf+Shift+↑", for navigating forwards one page, backwards one page, and to the index. I want to get community feedback and consensus before going to phab:. Thoughts? —Justin (koavf)TCM 19:09, 4 February 2018 (UTC)

@Koavf: great idea! I 1000% agree with you. @Tpt: what do you think? Cdlt, VIGNERON (talk) 06:39, 5 April 2018 (UTC)
@VIGNERON: Related: phab:T186478. —Justin (koavf)TCM 08:47, 5 April 2018 (UTC)

Tech News: 2018-06[edit]

20:51, 5 February 2018 (UTC)

Tech News: 2018-07[edit]

21:59, 12 February 2018 (UTC)

Tech News: 2018-08[edit]

22:55, 19 February 2018 (UTC)

Tech News: 2018-09[edit]

19:52, 26 February 2018 (UTC)

Tech News: 2018-10[edit]

17:12, 5 March 2018 (UTC)

Public Domain 2018 Russia[edit]

Tech News: 2018-11[edit]

19:43, 12 March 2018 (UTC)

Approval of Wikisource Basque[edit]

Wikisource Basque was approved for its own subdomain on 12 March. Congratulations!

  • Please continue to contribute to the Basque resources here until the project is exported.
  • The phabricator task is phabricator:T189465. Please note that some data are still needed to complete the task; project contributors should check there.

For LangCom: StevenJ81 (talk) 15:27, 13 March 2018 (UTC)

That is great news! :) --Ooswesthoesbes (talk) 09:43, 14 March 2018 (UTC)
StevenJ81: it's indeed a great thing that the LangCom is finally approving some new projects. If you guys are willing to examine some long-standing request, I would like to remind you about m:Requests for new languages/Wikisource Neapolitan, which has a HUGE corpus of texts. --Candalua (talk) 14:31, 23 April 2018 (UTC)
@Candalua: I'll take a look at it shortly. (I've had to be away for a few days, so I'll need a few more just to catch up.) I will mention to all WS communities that you can ping me if you think you are ready to have your project approved. But be sure you have the translation and activity requirements met, too. StevenJ81 (talk) 16:14, 23 April 2018 (UTC)
StevenJ81, since you were kind enough to immediately reply, I will add a few clarifications. Nap.source is an effort lead primarily by User:C.R., with the participation of other Italian users including me, which has been going on for the last 3-4 years. Recently the project slowed down, primarily because users felt that the LangCom was not interested in approving the request, so they got discouraged. However, if the LangCom has now resumed its activities and is willing to examine our work, I'm sure that we can also resume activity on the project. I would like anyway to point out, that a Wikisource does not necessarily need a continuous activity to be of some value (once a book is transcribed and proofread, work is finished: it doesn't required to be kept up-to-date like a Wikipedia article). Thank you. Candalua (talk) 18:21, 23 April 2018 (UTC)
@Candalua: I'm responsible for keeping LangCom on track now, so I assure you we will be looking at things. Frankly, it's harder for me to parse what might or might not be ready in WS than in the other projects, because (a) I'm a sysop at Incubator, so keep track of what happens there, and (b) there's one page at Beta WV where the 50-odd tests are summarized. But I am always glad to have someone contact me to tell me they are ready.
In your case, I'll have a look at your project in the next few days. If the only thing missing is activity, but there was a long period where activity was fine, I'll take it to LangCom anyway, provided that some activity resumes.
It is true that continuous activity is perhaps somewhat less important on a WS project than on a WP project. But it's still the case that once a project is out there and independent, it's important to continue to have experienced people on hand watching things. So while I can probably get LangCom to understand a gap in activity (for the reasons you said), I'd still far prefer to be able to say that "the test community is committed to staying active through and after the approval." StevenJ81 (talk) 18:34, 23 April 2018 (UTC)
I believe the same goes for the Georgian Wikisource. @Steven: If you want, I can try to keep track of test activity here, as I watch this wiki for vandalism and deletions anyway. --Ooswesthoesbes (talk) 09:10, 24 April 2018 (UTC)
Ooswesthoesbes, that would be very helpful. Thanks.
Candalua, I haven't really had a chance to sit down and look yet. But the Meta request page brought my attention to eleven pages in Neapolitan on Italian Wikisource. What should happen with those? StevenJ81 (talk) 14:21, 24 April 2018 (UTC)
Judging from the category name (testi), I think it would be best to move them to the subdomain once created. Of course, it should be discussed at the Italian Wikisource. --Ooswesthoesbes (talk) 14:34, 24 April 2018 (UTC)
StevenJ81: the it.source community has already decided to transfer those pages to nap.source once it's approved. Candalua (talk) 17:06, 24 April 2018 (UTC)

Tech News: 2018-12[edit]

15:03, 19 March 2018 (UTC)

Tech News: 2018-13[edit]

20:03, 26 March 2018 (UTC)

Tech News: 2018-14[edit]

19:28, 2 April 2018 (UTC)

Delete Index:H.M. Diana.djvu[edit]

@‎KäthesBücher:, Die Göttinnen oder die drei Romane der Herzogin von Assy is a German book and should be kept in German Wikisource, instead of here. @Ankry, VIGNERON:, please move this index page and all its pages to German Wikisource and delete them here. Thanks. -- Bodhisattwa (talk) 05:51, 5 April 2018 (UTC)

@Bodhisattwa: strangely no. Heinrich Mann died in 1950 so it's not PD in Germany and can't be on de.ws (the book was published in 1903 so it's PD-US and kind of ok for the multilingual wikisource, see the warning on File:H.M. Diana.djvu). Meanwhile we should have some kind of system to tell when the transfer will be possible, maybe a category to transfer on de.ws on 2021. VIGNERON (talk) 06:33, 5 April 2018 (UTC)
Oh! Ok. -- Bodhisattwa (talk) 06:58, 5 April 2018 (UTC)
The category idea sounds very good to me! :) Alternatively, we could just make one project page. That will be easier to maintain and require us to create less categories, which will eventually become deprecated anyway. --Ooswesthoesbes (talk) 09:46, 5 April 2018 (UTC)
Symbol support vote.svg  Support And I think we can implement structure similar to structure of this Commons category. We have also a similar tree in plwikisource. Ankry (talk) 12:36, 5 April 2018 (UTC)

Tech News: 2018-15[edit]

18:09, 9 April 2018 (UTC)

Tech News: 2018-16[edit]

15:20, 16 April 2018 (UTC)

Basque Wikisource created[edit]

Hello. eu: was created and I imported all pages from Category:Euskara and subcategories to there. These pages can now be deleted here, cf. User:MF-Warburg#Basque. Note that there are also still pages from other exported languages listed on my userpage which need to be deleted here. --MF-Warburg (talk) 20:18, 22 April 2018 (UTC)

  • Great news! Seems very inspirating! Congratulations to all the users of Basque Wikisource, and especially to those who worked hard on setting and developing it! --Nigmont (talk) 22:07, 22 April 2018 (UTC)

Great news! I'll dive into the deletions soon. --Ooswesthoesbes (talk) 11:28, 23 April 2018 (UTC)

@Ooswesthoesbes, Ankry, VIGNERON, Zyephyrus:: I made a gadget called FastDelete, which can be used by admins to speedily delete many pages. If you activate it from your preferences, in every category there will be a red [X] next to every page which deletes it without confirmation, and a "DELETE ALL PAGES!" link which deletes all pages marked with [X]. Obviously, it's to be used with caution! :D Candalua (talk) 15:44, 27 April 2018 (UTC)
Obviously! Thanks, Candalua :) --Zyephyrus (talk) 18:58, 27 April 2018 (UTC)
That would be very helpful for pages. Thank you! However, use them with caution for main namespace articles, as talk pages are usually forgotten with import. --Ooswesthoesbes (talk) 08:41, 28 April 2018 (UTC)
I just tried it out for the remaining Basque and Oriya pages. It works great! :) --Ooswesthoesbes (talk) 08:51, 28 April 2018 (UTC)
Also, because it tends to clutter up Recent Changes, I propose that when it is necessary for test deletion, we temporarily upgrade the admin account to bot status, so RC remains easy to check. --Ooswesthoesbes (talk) 08:54, 28 April 2018 (UTC)
@Ooswesthoesbes, Ankry, VIGNERON, Zyephyrus: That would be useful. On it.source we have activated the "flood flag", so sysops can assign themselves a kind of bot flag and remove it when they're done. However I don't see this option here, so we probably have to ask for it on phabricator to get it (example of the request). Otherwise I think only bureaucrats can assign the bot flag, but they cannot remove it, you need to request it on meta every time. If you guys support it, I can post the request. Candalua (talk) 10:16, 28 April 2018 (UTC)
No objections from me. Ankry (talk) 10:18, 28 April 2018 (UTC)
Good to know that. I didn't know one can't remove a bot flag. In that case, the flood flag would be a very good option. --Ooswesthoesbes (talk) 10:19, 28 April 2018 (UTC)
Support obviously (I thought we already had it) VIGNERON (talk) 10:23, 28 April 2018 (UTC)
Requested: phab:T193350. Candalua (talk) 18:07, 29 April 2018 (UTC)
Very good! :) I kept track of it while I get phabricator mails. The way it will be deployed makes perfect sense to me. --Ooswesthoesbes (talk) 11:59, 30 April 2018 (UTC)
It seems the config change is already applied. Unsure, however, if the flag should not be also self-revokable? But, maybe assigning this right as temporary is enough. We should just remember of that and use with care. Ankry (talk) 13:49, 30 April 2018 (UTC)

It's live! To use it, go to https://wikisource.org/w/index.php?title=Special%3AUserRights&user=your_username and check "pseudobot". You can specifiy an expiration period (defined by MediaWiki:Userrights-expiry-options, change it if you want more options). --Candalua (talk) 13:56, 30 April 2018 (UTC)

Ankry: the pages states "A * indicates that you cannot remove the group once you have added it, or vice versa." and shows a * on pseudobot. However this is plainly wrong, as I just assigned myself the flag and removed it successfully. :D --Candalua (talk) 14:00, 30 April 2018 (UTC)
Just noticed the fallback language for Limburgish interface, which is Dutch, uses "bot" for both "bot" and "pseudobot". Got to fix that first on translatewiki before I use the function. --Ooswesthoesbes (talk) 14:03, 30 April 2018 (UTC)
@Candalua: Yes, just noticed that a user that already has the peudobot right has also the right to drop it. BTW, bureaucrats can revoke the bot flag. Ankry (talk) 14:05, 30 April 2018 (UTC)
Yes, Meta confirms that too. --Ooswesthoesbes (talk) 14:48, 30 April 2018 (UTC)
A couple of things. (1) I recommend changing "pseudobot" to "flood" if you can, even if that means editing a local MediaWiki-space page. Nobody really knows what a "pseudobot" is. (2) I suspect if you look at [[Special:UserRights/yourusername]] while you have the flag, that "*" will disappear. StevenJ81 (talk) 15:33, 30 April 2018 (UTC)
Not sure if we should change the name, given the multilingual nature of this site: many people use different interface languages, so to be consistent we should change it in each language. Anyway, just the five sysops need to know its meaning, and now they do :D. (For reference, the related messages are MediaWiki:Grouppage-flood, MediaWiki:Group-flood, MediaWiki:Group-flood-member). About the *, I suspect that probably they missed something in the configuration, because on it.source I do not see the *. Doesn't matter, as long as it works. --Candalua (talk) 17:08, 30 April 2018 (UTC)

Tech News: 2018-17[edit]

18:16, 23 April 2018 (UTC)

Tech News: 2018-18[edit]

16:18, 30 April 2018 (UTC)

Approval of Piedmontese Wikisource[edit]

Piedmontese Wikisource has been proposed for approval. See m:Talk:Language committee#Notification about proposed approval of Piedmontese Wikisource. StevenJ81 (talk) 15:48, 1 May 2018 (UTC)

Great news, thank you StevenJ81. Cdlt, VIGNERON (talk) 07:31, 9 May 2018 (UTC)
This project is approved. We will put in a phabricator task shortly. Keep working here until you hear that the new wiki has been created. StevenJ81 (talk) 13:50, 10 May 2018 (UTC)
phabricator:T194879. StevenJ81 (talk) 14:06, 17 May 2018 (UTC)

AdvancedSearch[edit]

Birgit Müller (WMDE) 14:53, 7 May 2018 (UTC)

Tech News: 2018-19[edit]

16:27, 7 May 2018 (UTC)

Tech News: 2018-20[edit]

22:22, 14 May 2018 (UTC)

Tech News: 2018-21[edit]

17:33, 21 May 2018 (UTC)