Wikisource:Scriptorium

From Wikisource
(Redirected from WS:S)
Jump to navigation Jump to search

Welkom · أهلا و سهلا · Xoş gəlmişsiniz · Вiтаем · Добре дошъл · স্বাগতম · Degemer mat · Dobrodošli · Benvinguts · Ⲛⲟϥⲣⲓ · Croeso · Velkommen · Willkommen · Sıma xeyr Amey · Κκαλώς ήρθες · Welcome · Bonvenon · Bienvenidos · Tere tulemast · Ongietorri · خوش آمدید · Tervetuloa · Tervettulemaa · Bienvenue · Wolkom · Fáilte · भळु-औणु · સુસ્વાગત · ברוכים הבאים · स्वागतम · Dobro došli · Isten hozott · Aloha · Բարի գալուստ · Benvenite · Selamat datang · Nno̱ · Bonveno · Velkommin · Benvenuti · ᐊᕆᐅᙵᐃᐹ · ようこそ · fi'i · Sugeng rawuh · კეთილი იყოს შენი მობრძანება · Tikilluarit · 환영합니다 · Salve · Wil sha · Bonveni · Wilkóm · Laipni lūdzam · സ്വാഗതം · स्वागत आ · Merħba · Velkommen · Welkom · Velkommen · Bonvenio · Planvengut · Witajcie · Bem-vindo · Allinmi hamusqaykichik · Bun venit · Добро пожаловать · स्वागतम् · Buresboahtin · ආයුබෝවන් · Vitajte · Dobrodošli · Pyereestpuáttim · Soo dhowow · Mirëserdhët · Добро дошли · Wilujeng sumping · Välkommen · Karibu · స్వాగతం · Хуш омадед · ยินดีต้อนรับ · yI'el · Mabuhay · kama pona · Hoş geldiniz · Räxim itegez · Maeva · Benvenescu · Гажаса ӧтиськом · خۇش كەپسىز · خوش آمديد · Chào mừng đến · Benokömö · კუჩხი ბედინერი ჸოფედას თქვანი მოზოჯუა · װילקום · Angqcoux · 欢迎 · 歡迎 · (edit)


ar: هذا الموقع الرئيسي لنقاش ويكي مصدر ومكان طلب المساعدة. استخدم اللغات التي تعرف، وترجم ما ترغب.
bn: এটি উইকিসংকলনের বিষয়বস্তু ও সমস্যা নিয়ে আলোচনা করার একটি কেন্দ্রীয় আলোচনার স্থান। প্রয়োজন হলে সাহায্য চাইতে পারেন। আপনি যে ভাষা জানেন তাই ব্যবহার করতে পারেন ও অনুবাদ করতে পারেন।
de: Dies ist eine zentrale Stelle, um alle Themen um Wikisource zu diskutieren, und ein Platz, um nach Hilfe zu fragen. Benutzen Sie die Sprache(n), die Sie beherrschen, und übersetzen Sie, was Ihnen gefällt.
diq: No wikiçıme heta merselan war ardış u mınaqeşe kerdış i heta cay peşti waştışiyo.Zıwanê ke şıma zanê ê zımani dı iştıraq bıkerê u açarnayış seni beno bıumısê.
el: Αυτή είναι η κεντρική τοποθεσία για να συζητήσετε θέματα για τη Βικιθήκη, αλλά και το μέρος για να ζητήσετε βοήθεια. Χρησιμοποιήστε τη γλώσσα (ή τις γλώσσες) που γνωρίζετε και μεταφράστε αυτά που θέλετε.
fa: این مکان مرکزی برای بحث در مورد مسائل درباره ویکی‌نبشته و مکانی برای درخواست کمک است. از زبان (هایی) که می‌شناسید استفاده کنید و آنچه را دوست دارید ترجمه کنید.
en: This is the central location for discussing issues with Wikisource, and the place to ask for help. Use the language(s) you know, and translate what you like.
eo: Ĉi tio estas la centra loko por diskuti problemojn pri Vikifontaro, kaj la loko por serĉi helpon. Uzu la lingvo(j)n kiu(j)n vi konas, kaj traduku kion vi volas.
es: Este es el lugar central para discutir cualquier asunto de Wikisource y es el lugar para pedir ayuda. Use los idiomas que conozca, y traduzca lo que crea necesario que otros sepan.
fr: Ceci est la page principale pour discuter de ce qui a trait à Wikisource, et pour demander de l’aide. Utilisez la (ou les) langue(s) que vous connaissez, et traduisez ce qui vous plaît.
ga: Seo an lárnionad chun téamaí a bhaineann le Vicífhoinse a phlé, agus an áit inar féidir leat cabhair a iarraidh. Bain usáid as teanga ar bith dá bhfuil agat agus aistrigh cibé rud is mian leat.
gbm: इ च मझळु अड्डा विकीसोतु दगड़ मुद्दा बारा म छुंई लगाणु खुणी, अर ठाणु मदद मंगण खुणी. इस्तेमाल कारा उ भाखा ज्व तुमु बिंगुदौ, अर बदलाखरा जू च पसंद​।
he: זה הדף המיועד לדיונים העוסקים בויקיטקסט, והמקום לפנות לעזרה. השתמשו בשפות שאתם מכירים, ותרגמו את מה שאתם רוצים.
hy: Սա Վիքիդարանի հետ կապված հարցերի քննարկման կենտրոնական վայրն է, որտեղ դուք կարող եք նաև դիմել հարցերով։ Օգտագործեք ձեր իմացած լեզուն(երը) և թարգմանե՛ք ի՜նչ կամենում եք։
io: Ita esas la centrala loko por diskutar problemi pri Wikifonto, e la loko por serchar helpo. Uzez la linguo/i quan vu parolas, e tradukar quon/in vu volas.
it: Questo è il luogo principale dove discutere di Wikisource, e il posto dove chiedere aiuto.Scrivi nella lingua che vuoi, puoi anche tradurre quello che vuoi.
ja: ここはプロジェクトについて議論したり、質問がある時に尋ねたりするための場所です。お望みの言語を使って書き込んで下さい。他の人の書き込みを翻訳して下さる方も歓迎です。
ko: 이곳은 위키문헌과 관련한 논의를 하는 주된 곳이자 도움을 구할 수 있는 곳입니다. 구사할 수 있는 언어를 사용하여 다른 내용을 마음껏 번역해 주시길 바랍니다.
nl: Dit is de centrale plek om elk onderwerp in Wikisource te bediscussiëren en de plaats om hulp te vragen. Gebruik de taal die je kent en vertaal wat en wanneer je wilt.
nn: Dette er den sentrale staden å diskutere saker som gjeld Wikisource, og staden for å be om hjelp. Bruk dei språka du kan, og set om det du vil.
pt: Esta é a página principal para discutir tudo o que se relaciona com o Wikisource e também o lugar para procurar ajuda. Faça uso da(s) língua(s) que conhece, e traduza os textos que quiser.
ru: Это центральное место для обсуждений, связанных с Викитекой в целом, а также место, где можно спросить о помощи. Используйте язык, который вы знаете и переводите что и когда вам нравится.
su: Ieu mangrupa loka pikeun nyawalakeun hal-hal ngeunaan Wikisource, sarta tempat pikeun ménta pitulung. Pigunakeun basa nu ku anjeun dipikawanoh, tarjamahkeun nu dipikaresep.
sv: Detta är den huvudsakliga platsen där alla typer av frågor rörande Wikisource diskuteras och där nya frågor kan ställas. Använd de språk som du kan och översätt när och vad du vill av andra.
tl: Ito ang sentrong lokasyon para pag-usupan ang mga isyu kasama ng Wikisource, at ang lugar upang humingi ng tulong. Gamitin ang (mga) wika na alam mo, at isalin ang anong gusto mo.
vi: Đây là trung tâm để thảo luận các vấn đề liên quan đến Wikisource. Bạn sử dụng các ngôn ngữ bạn biết, và dịch những gì bạn thích.
vo: Atos binon top cifik, kö mögos ad bespikön valikosi dö Vükifonät, e kö kanoy i begön yufi. Gebolös pükis, kelis sevol, e tradutolös utosi, kelosi vilol.
yue: 呢度係主要討論維基文庫相關問題嘅版面。你可以用你識得嘅語言留言,亦都可以幫手翻譯其他人嘅留言。
zh-hant: 這裡是討論與維基文庫有關話題和尋求幫助的頁面。使用您所了解的語言留言。您也可以在任何時候把他人的留言翻譯成您熟悉的語言。
zh-hans: 这里是讨论与维基文库有关话题和寻求帮助的页面。使用您所了解的语言留言。您也可以在任何时候把他人的留言翻译成您熟悉的语言。
(edit)


Important project pages: What is Wikisource?Wikisource and WikibooksVotesCopyrightPossible copyright violationsProposed deletionsWikisource:Protection requestsCatalogingWikisource and Project Gutenberg

Languages: Language policyLanguage domain requestsLanguage domain requests/Rules for votingList of Wikisource Languages

Coordination: StatisticsProofreadPage StatisticsSubdomain coordinationNews


Pre-launch discussions


Archives

The whole history is here.


Wiki Loves Folklore is back![edit]

Posting because the bot does not know to post here:

Please help translate to your language

Wiki Loves Folklore Logo.svg

You are humbly invited to participate in the Wiki Loves Folklore 2022 an international photography contest organized on Wikimedia Commons to document folklore and intangible cultural heritage from different regions, including, folk creative activities and many more. It is held every year from the 1st till the 28th of February.

You can help in enriching the folklore documentation on Commons from your region by taking photos, audios, videos, and submitting them in this commons contest.

You can also organize a local contest in your country and support us in translating the project pages to help us spread the word in your native language.

Feel free to contact us on our project Talk page if you need any assistance.

Kind regards,

Wiki loves Folklore International Team

Justin (koavf)TCM 21:58, 9 January 2022 (UTC)[reply]

Community Wishlist Survey 2022[edit]

Community Wishlist Survey Lamp.svg

The Community Wishlist Survey 2022 is now open!

This survey is the process where communities decide what the Community Tech team should work on over the next year. We encourage everyone to submit proposals until the deadline on 23 January, or comment on other proposals to help make them better. The communities will vote on the proposals between 28 January and 11 February.

The Community Tech team is focused on tools for experienced Wikimedia editors. You can write proposals in any language, and we will translate them for you. Thank you, and we look forward to seeing your proposals! SGrabarczuk (WMF) (talk) 18:10, 10 January 2022 (UTC)[reply]

Tech News: 2022-02[edit]

01:23, 11 January 2022 (UTC)

Not sure if this is the right place[edit]

I'm working on a volume of Philosophical Transactions of the Royal Society A, and there's a part on page 956 that I just have no idea how to work with, namely those braces around the text. TheTechnician27 (talk) 21:19, 12 January 2022 (UTC)[reply]

@TheTechnician27: A better place would be s:en:Wikisoruce:Scriptorium. —Justin (koavf)TCM 01:39, 13 January 2022 (UTC)[reply]

Call for Feedback about the Board of Trustees elections is now open[edit]

You can find this message translated into additional languages on Meta-wiki.

The Call for Feedback: Board of Trustees elections is now open and will close on 7 16 February 2022.

With this Call for Feedback, the Movement Strategy and Governance team is taking a different approach. This approach incorporates community feedback from 2021. Instead of leading with proposals, the Call is framed around key questions from the Board of Trustees. The key questions came from the feedback about the 2021 Board of Trustees election. The intention is to inspire collective conversation and collaborative proposal development about these key questions.

Join the conversation.

Best regards,

Movement Strategy and Governance

Xeno (WMF) (talk) 01:51, 13 January 2022 (UTC)[reply]

Please note an additional question has now been added. There are also several proposals from participants to review and discuss. Xeno (WMF) (talk) 00:37, 22 January 2022 (UTC)[reply]

Question about the Affiliates' role for the Call for Feedback: Board of Trustees elections[edit]

You can find this message translated into additional languages on Meta-wiki.

Hi All,

Thank you to everyone who participated in the Call for Feedback: Board of Trustees elections so far. The Movement Strategy and Governance team has announced the last key question:

How should affiliates participate in elections?

Affiliates are an important part of the Wikimedia movement. Two seats of the Board of Trustees due to be filled this year were filled in 2019 through the Affiliate-selected Board seats process. A change in the Bylaws removed the distinction between community and affiliate seats. This leaves the important question: How should affiliates be involved in the selection of new seats?

The question is broad in the sense that the answers may refer not just to the two seats mentioned, but also to other, Community- and Affiliate-selected seats. The Board is hoping to find an approach that will both engage the affiliates and give them actual agency, and also optimize the outcomes in terms of selecting people with top skills, experience, diversity, and wide community’s support.

The Board of Trustees is seeking feedback about this question especially, although not solely, from the affiliate community. Everyone is invited to share proposals and join the conversation in the Call for Feedback channels. In addition to collecting online feedback, the Movement Strategy and Governance team will organize several video calls with affiliate members to collect feedback. These calls will be at different times and include Trustees.

Due to the late addition of this third question, the Call will be extended until 16 February.

Join the conversation.

Best regards,

Movement Strategy and Governance

Xeno (WMF) (talk) 00:37, 22 January 2022 (UTC)[reply]

Tech News: 2022-03[edit]

19:55, 17 January 2022 (UTC)

Talk to the Community Tech[edit]

Community Wishlist Survey Lamp.svg

Hello

We, the team working on the Community Wishlist Survey, would like to invite you to an online meeting with us. It will take place on 19 January (Wednesday), 18:00 UTC on Zoom, and will last an hour. This external system is not subject to the WMF Privacy Policy. Click here to join.

Agenda

  • Bring drafts of your proposals and talk to to a member of the Community Tech Team about your questions on how to improve the proposal

Format

The meeting will not be recorded or streamed. Notes without attribution will be taken and published on Meta-Wiki. The presentation (all points in the agenda except for the questions and answers) will be given in English.

We can answer questions asked in English, French, Polish, Spanish, and German. If you would like to ask questions in advance, add them on the Community Wishlist Survey talk page or send to sgrabarczuk@wikimedia.org.

Natalia Rodriguez (the Community Tech manager) will be hosting this meeting.

Invitation link

We hope to see you! SGrabarczuk (WMF) (talk) 00:21, 18 January 2022 (UTC)[reply]

Tech News: 2022-04[edit]

21:38, 24 January 2022 (UTC)

Desktop Improvements update and Office Hours invitation[edit]

Hello. I wanted to give you an update about the Desktop Improvements project, which the Wikimedia Foundation Web team has been working on for the past few years.

The goals of the project are to make the interface more welcoming and comfortable for readers and useful for advanced users. The project consists of a series of feature improvements which make it easier to read and learn, navigate within the page, search, switch between languages, use article tabs and the user menu, and more.

The improvements are already visible by default for readers and editors on 24 wikis, including Wikipedias in French, Portuguese, and Persian.

The changes apply to the Vector skin only. Monobook or Timeless users are not affected.

Features deployed since our last update[edit]

  • User menu - focused on making the navigation more intuitive by visually highlighting the structure of user links and their purpose.
  • Sticky header - focused on allowing access to important functionality (logging in/out, history, talk pages, etc.) without requiring people to scroll to the top of the page.

For a full list of the features the project includes, please visit our project page. We also invite you to our Updates page.

The features deployed already and the table of contents that's currently under development


How to enable the improvements[edit]

  • It is possible to opt-in individually in the appearance tab within the preferences by unchecking the "Use Legacy Vector" box. (It has to be empty.) Also, it is possible to opt-in on all wikis using the global preferences.
  • If you think this would be good as a default for all readers and editors of this wiki, feel free to start a conversation with the community and contact me.
  • On wikis where the changes are visible by default for all, logged-in users can always opt-out to the Legacy Vector. There is an easily accessible link in the sidebar of the new Vector.

Learn more and join our events[edit]

If you would like to follow the progress of our project, you can subscribe to our newsletter.

You can read the pages of the project, check our FAQ, write on the project talk page, and join an online meeting with us (27 January (Thursday), 15:00 UTC).

How to join our online meeting

Thank you!!

On behalf of the Wikimedia Foundation Web team, SGrabarczuk (WMF) (talk) 22:11, 24 January 2022 (UTC)[reply]

Tech News: 2022-05[edit]

17:42, 31 January 2022 (UTC)

Movement Strategy and Governance News – Issue 5[edit]

Hi all! I'm a facilitator with the Movement Strategy and Governance. In front of you is the latest and redesigned issue of Movement Strategy and Governance News, formerly known as Universal Code of Conduct News. The shortened version below has some direct links, which those of you who prefer skipping straight to the content may find convenient. The MSG team is inviting feedback about the newsletter's past, present, and future at m:Talk:Movement_Strategy_and_Governance/Newsletter. --BPipal (WMF) (talk) 11:31, 1 February 2022 (UTC)[reply]


Movement Strategy and Governance News
Issue 5, January 2022Read the full newsletter


Welcome to the fifth issue of Movement Strategy and Governance News (formerly known as Universal Code of Conduct News)! This revamped newsletter distributes relevant news and events about the Movement Charter, Universal Code of Conduct, Movement Strategy Implementation grants, Board elections and other relevant MSG topics.

This Newsletter will be distributed quarterly, while more frequent Updates will also be delivered weekly or bi-weekly to subscribers. Please remember to subscribe here if you would like to receive these updates.

  • Call for Feedback about the Board elections - We invite you to give your feedback on the upcoming WMF Board of Trustees election. This call for feedback went live on 10th January 2022 and will be concluded on 16th February 2022. (continue reading)
  • Universal Code of Conduct Ratification - In 2021, the WMF asked communities about how to enforce the Universal Code of Conduct policy text. The revised draft of the enforcement guidelines should be ready for community vote in March. (continue reading)
  • Movement Strategy Implementation Grants - As we continue to review several interesting proposals, we encourage and welcome more proposals and ideas that target a specific initiative from the Movement Strategy recommendations. (continue reading)
  • The New Direction for the Newsletter - As the UCoC Newsletter transitions into MSG Newsletter, join the facilitation team in envisioning and deciding on the new directions for this newsletter. (continue reading)
  • Diff Blogs - Check out the most recent publications about MSG on Wikimedia Diff. (continue reading)

password[edit]

Hi, I am User:Surprizi. I normally work with my user name from one to another wiki projects, but here wikisource asking me to login. When I use my usual password it cant work. "There seems to be a problem with your login session; this action has been canceled as a precaution against session hijacking. Please resubmit the form." Can you help me solve this problem?--188.169.167.135 02:24, 6 February 2022 (UTC)[reply]

The kind of typical issues that you may imagine should work: refresh (Ctrl+Shift+R), close your browser, clear your cache, and if necessary, reset your password. —Justin (koavf)TCM 03:00, 6 February 2022 (UTC)[reply]
Thank YOU very much!--Surprizi (talk) 10:34, 6 February 2022 (UTC)[reply]

Tech News: 2022-06[edit]

21:15, 7 February 2022 (UTC)

Leadership Development Task Force: Call for Feedback Announcement[edit]

Hi all.
The Community Development team at the Wikimedia Foundation is supporting the creation of a global, community-driven Leadership Development Task Force. The purpose of the task force is to advise leadership development work.

The team is looking for feedback about the responsibilities of the Leadership Development Task Force.
This Meta page shares the proposal for a Leadership Development Task Force and how you can help.
Feedback on the proposal will be collected from 7 to 25 February 2022.

--BPipal (WMF) (talk) 18:11, 10 February 2022 (UTC)
Movement Strategy and Governance[reply]

Tech News: 2022-07[edit]

19:18, 14 February 2022 (UTC)

Remember to Participate in the UCoC Conversations and Ratification Vote![edit]

You can find this message translated into additional languages on Meta-wiki.

Hello everyone,

A vote in SecurePoll from 7 to 21 March 2022 is scheduled as part of the ratification process for the Universal Code of Conduct (UCoC) Enforcement guidelines. Eligible voters are invited to answer a poll question and share comments. Read voter information and eligibility details. During the poll, voters will be asked if they support the enforcement of the Universal Code of Conduct based on the proposed guidelines.

The Universal Code of Conduct (UCoC) provides a baseline of acceptable behavior for the entire movement. The revised enforcement guidelines were published 24 January 2022 as a proposed way to apply the policy across the movement. A Wikimedia Foundation Board statement calls for a ratification process where eligible voters will have an opportunity to support or oppose the adoption of the UCoC Enforcement guidelines in a vote. Wikimedians are invited to translate and share important information. For more information about the UCoC, please see the project page and frequently asked questions on Meta-wiki.

There are events scheduled to learn more and discuss:

You can comment on Meta-wiki talk pages in any language. You may also contact either team by email: msg(_AT_)wikimedia.org or ucocproject(_AT_)wikimedia.org

Sincerely,
--BPipal (WMF) (talk) 12:34, 19 February 2022 (UTC)
Movement Strategy and Governance
Wikimedia Foundation
[reply]

Tech News: 2022-08[edit]

19:12, 21 February 2022 (UTC)

Wiki Loves Folklore is extended till 15th March[edit]

Please help translate to your language
Wiki Loves Folklore Logo.svg

Greetings from Wiki Loves Folklore International Team,

We are pleased to inform you that Wiki Loves Folklore an international photographic contest on Wikimedia Commons has been extended till the 15th of March 2022. The scope of the contest is focused on folk culture of different regions on categories, such as, but not limited to, folk festivals, folk dances, folk music, folk activities, etc.

We would like to have your immense participation in the photographic contest to document your local Folk culture on Wikipedia. You can also help with the translation of project pages and share a word in your local language.

Best wishes,

International Team
Wiki Loves Folklore

MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 04:50, 22 February 2022 (UTC)[reply]

Coming soon[edit]

- Johanna Strodt (WMDE) 12:39, 28 February 2022 (UTC)[reply]

Tech News: 2022-09[edit]

22:59, 28 February 2022 (UTC)

The Call for Feedback: Board of Trustees elections is now closed[edit]

Hello - as a follow-up to #Call for Feedback about the Board of Trustees elections is now open above: the call is now closed and reports are available for review. Feel free to let me know if you have any questions. Xeno (WMF) (talk) 03:52, 3 March 2022 (UTC)[reply]


You can find this message translated into additional languages on Meta-wiki.

The Call for Feedback: Board of Trustees elections is now closed. This Call ran from 10 January and closed on 16 February 2022. The Call focused on three key questions and received broad discussion on Meta-wiki, during meetings with affiliates, and in various community conversations. The community and affiliates provided many proposals and discussion points. The reports are on Meta-wiki.

This information will be shared with the Board of Trustees and Elections Committee so they can make informed decisions about the upcoming Board of Trustees election. The Board of Trustees will then follow with an announcement after they have discussed the information.

Thank you to everyone who participated in the Call for Feedback to help improve Board election processes.

Best regards,

Movement Strategy and Governance
Xeno (WMF) (talk) 03:52, 3 March 2022 (UTC)[reply]


Voting has begun! UCoC Enforcement guidelines ratification voting open from 7 to 21 March 2022[edit]

You can find this message translated into additional languages on Meta-wiki.

Hello everyone,

The ratification voting process for the revised enforcement guidelines of the Universal Code of Conduct (UCoC) is now open! Voting commenced on SecurePoll on 7 March 2022 and will conclude on 21 March 2022. Please read more on the voter information and eligibility details.

The Universal Code of Conduct (UCoC) provides a baseline of acceptable behavior for the entire movement. The revised enforcement guidelines were published 24 January 2022 as a proposed way to apply the policy across the movement. You can read more about the UCoC project.

You can also comment on Meta-wiki talk pages in any language. You may also contact the team by email: ucocproject(_AT_)wikimedia.org

Sincerely,
--BPipal (WMF) (talk) 12:14, 7 March 2022 (UTC)
Movement Strategy and Governance
Wikimedia Foundation[reply]

Tech News: 2022-10[edit]

21:16, 7 March 2022 (UTC)

Galician-Portuguese[edit]

I just found out that the Categoria:Obras em galaico-português (Galician-Portuguese) have 944 pages. Wouldn't it be the case of moving these texts into the Multilingual Wikisource and then, maybe, developing a skeleton of a Galician-Portuguese Wikisource? Thanks, Erick Soares3 (talk) 13:22, 10 March 2022 (UTC)[reply]

I just saw that Wikisources on ancient languages already suffered issues in the past, but I still wonder... Erick Soares3 (talk) 14:28, 10 March 2022 (UTC)[reply]
It seems reasonable that pt.ws would want to host them. Do you know if there's some reason why they don't? Did they discuss it and reject it somehow? —Justin (koavf)TCM 15:10, 10 March 2022 (UTC)[reply]

Wiki Loves Folklore 2022 ends tomorrow[edit]

Wiki Loves Folklore Logo.svg

International photographic contest Wiki Loves Folklore 2022 ends on 15th March 2022 23:59:59 UTC. This is the last chance of the year to upload images about local folk culture, festival, cuisine, costume, folklore etc on Wikimedia Commons. Watch out our social media handles for regular updates and declaration of Winners.

(Facebook , Twitter , Instagram)

The writing competition Feminism and Folklore will run till 31st of March 2022 23:59:59 UTC. Write about your local folk tradition, women, folk festivals, folk dances, folk music, folk activities, folk games, folk cuisine, folk wear, folklore, and tradition, including ballads, folktales, fairy tales, legends, traditional song and dance, folk plays, games, seasonal events, calendar customs, folk arts, folk religion, mythology etc. on your local Wikipedia. Check if your local Wikipedia is participating

A special competition called Wiki Loves Falles is organised in Spain and the world during 15th March 2022 till 15th April 2022 to document local folk culture and Falles in Valencia, Spain. Learn more about it on Catalan Wikipedia project page.

We look forward for your immense co-operation.

Thanks Wiki Loves Folklore international Team MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 14:40, 14 March 2022 (UTC)[reply]

Tech News: 2022-11[edit]

22:07, 14 March 2022 (UTC)

Update on Universal Code of Conduct Enforcement guidelines ratification vote[edit]

Hi all,

With about 2 days left in the poll, I can share that there are 1600 voters as of 18 March 23:20 UTC.

Being aware that homewiki isn't always indicative of where an editor is active, I would still like to remind everyone that diversity matters and that local opinions are sought in this global decision. It would be beneficial to see the comments about the Enforcement Guidelines given from the perspective of this project, even if wikisource is not your your homewiki.

You can access the voting page locally on https://wikisource.org/wiki/Special:SecurePoll/vote/378

You can look at the votership numbers on this page


Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any questions.
--BPipal (WMF) (talk) 00:11, 19 March 2022 (UTC)
Facilitaror, SEE
Movement Strategy and Governance
Wikimedia Foundation[reply]

Template:nop does not work as expected[edit]

Template:nop is the template that forces a new paragraph for pages transcluded from the Page: namespace, but as seen in Template:Nop/testcases#How it works right now, the template does not work as of writing this (Template:Nop/testcases#How it should work). I think it needs some fixing but I do not want to break it for other works so I would like someone more experienced in here to look into and fix it. --Bebiezaza (talk) 11:42, 21 March 2022 (UTC)[reply]

I just checked the template's source, apparently it's an empty template . . . also fully protected --Bebiezaza (talk) 11:50, 21 March 2022 (UTC)[reply]
@Bebiezaza: Try now. —Justin (koavf)TCM 15:13, 21 March 2022 (UTC)[reply]
{{done}} It works now, thanks! --Bebiezaza (talk) 15:18, 21 March 2022 (UTC)[reply]
It seems like messageboxes are now broken instead. --Bebiezaza (talk) 15:23, 21 March 2022 (UTC)[reply]
@Bebiezaza: Please give me a link to what you see is broken. —Justin (koavf)TCM 15:36, 21 March 2022 (UTC)[reply]
Header ambox in สฺยามรฏฺฐสฺส เตปิฏกํ/Volume 1/Chapter 1, and maybe Template:nop/doc too? --Bebiezaza (talk) 16:09, 21 March 2022 (UTC)[reply]
@Bebiezaza: So it's just that it's a white background now, correct? —Justin (koavf)TCM 16:16, 21 March 2022 (UTC)[reply]
For ambox in สฺยามรฏฺฐสฺส เตปิฏกํ/Volume 1/Chapter 1, it should be shown in the same style as w:Template:Ambox type=content (and no need to ping me in every reply) --Bebiezaza (talk) 16:47, 21 March 2022 (UTC)[reply]
It's not really working. You'll have to deal with different styles or propose an edit to the template. —Justin (koavf)TCM 23:19, 21 March 2022 (UTC)[reply]

@Koavf: I checked the source of {{nop}} in other wikisource languages (en, fr, es, id, pt, zh, th) and apparently the only change needed for this one was to add <div></div> to the template and nothing else. Maybe we should revert import of other pages except {{nop}}. --Bebiezaza (talk) 12:02, 27 March 2022 (UTC)[reply]
Reverting import is virtually impossible, as you have to find all the specific revisions imported and then delete those specific ones (sometimes, they are all the newest ones, sometimes not). Just rollbacking the template isn't enough. —Justin (koavf)TCM 15:24, 27 March 2022 (UTC)[reply]

Tech News: 2022-12[edit]

16:01, 21 March 2022 (UTC)


Leadership Development Working Group: Apply to join! (to 10 April 2022)[edit]

You can find this message translated into additional languages on Meta-wiki.

Hello everyone,

Thank you to everyone who participated in the feedback period for the Leadership Development Working Group initiative. A summary of the feedback can be found on Meta-wiki. This feedback will be shared with the working group to inform their work. The application period to join the Working Group is now open and will close on April 10, 2022. Please review the information about the working group, share with community members who might be interested, and apply if you are interested.

Thank you,
--BPipal (WMF) (talk) 21:43, 23 March 2022 (UTC)
From the Community Development team
[reply]

Tech News: 2022-13[edit]

19:54, 28 March 2022 (UTC)

w:en:Wikipedia:Long-term abuse/Projects[edit]

This LTA (also known as the George Reeves Person, and GRP) is currently active at Talk:Main Page/Interlingua/Parolas IED con accentos. Please delete the page as a vandal creation by this banned LTA. Thank you! JavaHurricane (talk) 14:35, 2 April 2022 (UTC)[reply]

@Koavf: GRP recreated the page after you deleted it. Could you nuke the page and salt it? Thank you! JavaHurricane (talk) 06:23, 3 April 2022 (UTC)[reply]
Ugh. Thanks. —Justin (koavf)TCM 06:35, 3 April 2022 (UTC)[reply]

Tech News: 2022-14[edit]

21:01, 4 April 2022 (UTC)


UCoC Enforcement Guidelines - Voting results[edit]

Hi all!

I want to inform you that the majority of Wikimedians have voted in favour of the proposed Guidelines for implementing the Universal Code of Conduct.

A total of 2348 community members took part in the vote.
Of that number, 1338 voted Yes and 945 No. There were 65 undecided votes.
  • What does this result mean?
It means that there is enough support for the WMF Board of Trustees to review the Guidelines. It does not mean that the ratification process is complete.
  • What happens next?
1. The UCoC project team will collate and summarise the comments provided in the voting process and publish them on Meta-wiki;
2. The Board of Trustees will review the text of the Guidelines and comments given during the vote to determine if any aspects need to be revised.
  • What are the possible outcomes?
1. If the Board of Trustees concludes that there are aspects of the Guidelines that need further refinement, these comments, as well as suggestions from the community discussions, will provide a good starting point for the revision.
2. If the Board of Trustees decides to proceed with ratification, the UCoC project team will begin supporting specific proposals in the Guidelines.

You can find more details about the results and the accompanying statistics on this page. A summary of the voters' comments will be available on the same page.

Kind regards,
--BPipal (WMF) (talk) 20:18, 6 April 2022 (UTC)
Facilitator
Movement Strategy and Governance
Wikimedia Foundation[reply]

Tech News: 2022-15[edit]

19:44, 11 April 2022 (UTC)



Movement Strategy and Governance News – Issue 6[edit]

Movement Strategy and Governance News
Issue 6, April 2022Read the full newsletter


Welcome to the sixth issue of Movement Strategy and Governance News! This revamped newsletter distributes relevant news and events about the Movement Charter, Universal Code of Conduct, Movement Strategy Implementation grants, Board of trustees elections and other relevant MSG topics.

This Newsletter will be distributed quarterly, while the more frequent Updates will also be delivered weekly. Please remember to subscribe here if you would like to receive future issues of this newsletter.

  • Leadership Development - A Working Group is Forming! - The application to join the Leadership Development Working Group closed on April 10th, 2022, and up to 12 community members will be selected to participate in the working group. (continue reading)
  • Universal Code of Conduct Ratification Results are out! - The global decision process on the enforcement of the UCoC via SecurePoll was held from 7 to 21 March. Over 2,300 eligible voters from at least 128 different home projects submitted their opinions and comments. (continue reading)
  • Movement Discussions on Hubs - The Global Conversation event on Regional and Thematic Hubs was held on Saturday, March 12, and was attended by 84 diverse Wikimedians from across the movement. (continue reading)
  • Movement Strategy Grants Remain Open! - Since the start of the year, six proposals with a total value of about $80,000 USD have been approved. Do you have a movement strategy project idea? Reach out to us! (continue reading)
  • The Movement Charter Drafting Committee is All Set! - The Committee of fifteen members which was elected in October 2021, has agreed on the essential values and methods for its work, and has started to create the outline of the Movement Charter draft. (continue reading)
  • Introducing Movement Strategy Weekly - Contribute and Subscribe! - The MSG team have just launched the updates portal, which is connected to the various Movement Strategy pages on Meta-wiki. Subscriber to get up-to-date news about the various ongoing projects. (continue reading)
  • Diff Blogs - Check out the most recent publications about Movement Strategy on Wikimedia Diff. (continue reading)

--BPipal (WMF) (talk) 12:12, 13 April 2022 (UTC)[reply]

Tech News: 2022-16[edit]

23:11, 18 April 2022 (UTC)

Tech News: 2022-17[edit]

22:56, 25 April 2022 (UTC)

Let's talk about the Desktop Improvements[edit]

New table of contents shown on English wikipedia.png

Hello!

Have you noticed that some wikis have a different desktop interface? Are you curious about the next steps? Maybe you have questions or ideas regarding the design or technical matters?

Join an online meeting with the team working on the Desktop Improvements! It will take place on 29 April 2022 at 13:00 UTC and 18:00 UTC on Zoom. Click here to join. Meeting ID: 88045453898. Dial by your location.

Agenda

  • Update on the recent developments
  • Questions and answers, discussion

Format

The meeting will not be recorded or streamed. Notes will be taken in a Google Docs file. Olga Vasileva (the Product Manager) will be hosting this meeting. The presentation part will be given in English.

We can answer questions asked in English, French, Italian, and Polish. If you would like to ask questions in advance, add them on the talk page or send them to sgrabarczuk@wikimedia.org.

At this meeting, both Friendly space policy and the Code of Conduct for Wikimedia technical spaces apply. Zoom is not subject to the WMF Privacy Policy.

We hope to see you! SGrabarczuk (WMF) (talk) 00:35, 26 April 2022 (UTC)[reply]

Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees election 2022 Call for Candidates[edit]

It's the election season again!

This year, the Wikimedia community has the opportunity to vote for two community-and-affiliate selected seats in the Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees, which oversees the Foundation's operations. Community-and-affiliate selected trustees and Board-appointed trustees make up the Board of Trustees. Each trustee serves a three-year term. This is an opportunity to improve the representation, diversity, and expertise of the Board as a team.

Please consider submitting your candidacy to join the Board of Trustees.
(Read the full announcement of the Elections Committee and the Board of Trustees)


The seats to be filled this year were previously selected by affiliates in the 2019 affiliate-selected Board seats process.
This year, a different method will be used:

  1. Candidates submit their applications (by May 9; this deadline may be slightly extended);
    Any community member can become a candidate if they meet the general and special conditions outlined here.
  2. Affiliates vote to shortlist six (6) names from the candidates' pool.
    Each affiliate carries one vote. The affiliate vote is scheduled to take place in early July.
  3. The Community votes to elect two of the six shortlisted candidates.
    Community Voting is scheduled to begin on August 15 and end on August 29.
  4. The Board will appoint the two newly-elected candidates as the new Trustees.
    This final step, which will conclude the election process, is expected to take place in early October 2022.

Election Volunteers:

Do you want to take part in the process as an election volunteer? Just add your name on this Meta page.

If you have any questions, please post them here, on Meta-wiki, or reach out to me directly.

Kind regards. --BPipal (WMF) (talk) 11:04, 27 April 2022 (UTC)
Facilitator, SEE
Movement Strategy and Governance
Wikimedia Foundation[reply]

m:Requests for comment/Global de-adminship for Jusjih[edit]

A user is requesting to "global de-admin" (sorry I really don't know how likely if this could be happened) @Jusjih: which in requestor's claim, has many disruptive and abusive behaviors in several Chinese-language projects and Meta-Wiki, the requestor is also mentioned mul.wikisource here where Jusjih is also an administrator, but didn't say anything else on their mul.wikisource's behaviors. Do any of our adminships that may or may not familiar Jusjih's works know how to resolve it? --Liuxinyu970226 (talk) 05:32, 29 April 2022 (UTC)[reply]

btw @Liuxinyu970226: thx for your message! -jkb- (talk) 08:33, 29 April 2022 (UTC)[reply]
My first comment: I cannot believe it. -jkb- (talk) 08:04, 29 April 2022 (UTC)[reply]
Strange bussiness over there :-( -jkb- (talk) 17:37, 30 April 2022 (UTC)[reply]
I am very surprised too. --Zyephyrus (talk) 15:56, 10 May 2022 (UTC)[reply]

Coming soon: Improvements for templates[edit]

-- Johanna Strodt (WMDE) 11:14, 29 April 2022 (UTC)[reply]

Tech News: 2022-18[edit]

19:33, 2 May 2022 (UTC)

Tech News: 2022-19[edit]

15:22, 9 May 2022 (UTC)

How to start a Santali language test Wikisource project[edit]

Hi, Myself Prasanta. I mostly remain active in Santali Wikipedia. Many of my friends have collected some Santali books written in Ol Chiki script Ashwani collection, which they have dedicated to various cc licenses. I was thinking of adding them to Wikisource. Because these books are in different language I cannot add it to other languages. Can anyone guide me how to start a test Wikisource for Santali language. Thanks Rocky 734 (talk) 07:35, 10 May 2022 (UTC)[reply]

@Rocky 734: Unlike all of the other sister projects, there is no language committee approval to start an edition of Wikisource: you can begin adding texts here immediately as long as they fit our scope and are appropriately licensed. It's great if you have more editors and make a main page in that language, etc. as well. —Justin (koavf)TCM 07:48, 10 May 2022 (UTC)[reply]
Thanks @Koavf for quick reply. I'm going to create a Main page for Santali language, many more will join me soon. Rocky 734 (talk) 09:26, 10 May 2022 (UTC)[reply]

Let's talk about the Desktop Improvements[edit]

WP20Symbols MediaWiki light background.svg

Hello!

Have you noticed that some wikis have a different desktop interface? Are you curious about the next steps? Maybe you have questions or ideas regarding the design or technical matters?

Join an online meeting with the team working on the Desktop Improvements! It will take place on 17 May 2022 at 12:00 UTC and 19:00 UTC on Zoom. Click here to join. Meeting ID: 86217494304. Dial by your location.

Agenda

  • Update on the recent developments
  • Questions and answers, discussion

Format

The meeting will not be recorded or streamed. Notes will be taken in a Google Docs file. Olga Vasileva (the Product Manager) will be hosting this meeting. The presentation part will be given in English.

We can answer questions asked in English, Italian, Polish; also, only at the first meeting: Farsi, Vietnamese; only at the second meeting: Portuguese, Spanish, Russian. If you would like to ask questions in advance, add them on the talk page or send them to sgrabarczuk@wikimedia.org.

At this meeting, both Friendly space policy and the Code of Conduct for Wikimedia technical spaces apply. Zoom is not subject to the WMF Privacy Policy.

We hope to see you! SGrabarczuk (WMF) (talk) 05:02, 14 May 2022 (UTC)[reply]

A problem with Japanese - English compilation[edit]

See fro this the question of the (user:Eyagi]] on the user page User:Eyagi, the text is at Wikisource:Sandbox (version of today). My opinion is at the user page as well - out of scope. If possible I would need some help there. Thx, -jkb- (talk) 10:32, 15 May 2022 (UTC)[reply]

Tech News: 2022-20[edit]

18:58, 16 May 2022 (UTC)