User talk:Satdeep Gill
Pages to delete
Dear Satdeep Gill, you placed a deletion template on several pages, such as ਆ ਮਿਲ ਯਾਰ ਸਾਰ ਲੈ ਮੇਰੀ, stating "just a single poem and i have uploaded the whole Colletion". Could you please give us a link to the whole collection, so we can check whether those pages ought to be deleted? Thanks in advantage :) --Ooswesthoesbes (talk) 16:32, 2 December 2015 (UTC)
- Dear Ooswesthoesbes, you can check the whole collection here.--Satdeep Gill (talk) 20:44, 2 December 2015 (UTC)
Welcome new admin :)
- @Zyephyrus: Thanks a lot for this wonderful welcome. --Satdeep Gill (talk) 04:20, 17 November 2016 (UTC)
Hi Satdeep Gill, I give you the answer on your meta edit here. I'm not the person that decides something there, I can give my statement (and support) like a normal user and the bureaucrat her on the Wikisource. I realy do not know exactly who decides these questions today. Probably you should ask user:Yann, who knows the matter with languages in India very well and who was - time ago - involved in such discussions. Regards, -jkb- (talk) 18:21, 5 December 2016 (UTC)
Hindi proofread contributors
Recently I noticed that most of the editors taking part in the September action do not understand basis of proofreading in Wikisource. (Eg. separation between header/footer and the main part of a page; that using spaces as indentation is useless in wiki/HTML; that double-newline should be used for paragraph splitting; that splitting a paragraph into separate lines in the exactly the same way as visible on the page is useless; that page contents is intended to be merged into a larger part of text by adding a space between the appropriate page contents; etc.)
- @Ankry: This is a good idea. I am planning a meet with the Hindi Wikipedians and I will try to get them on board to Wikisource and take their help for the guide as well. Thank you.--Satdeep Gill (talk) 11:37, 16 December 2016 (UTC)
Hi Satdeep Gill - pls could you stop your bot working for a while? When I am not presen for a half day and I come here so I cannot look after vandalism edits etc., qas your bot makes sometimes more hundreds edits in a half hour; the watchlist is then full. Either, your make your edits in small phases (one hundred a day - as other users are very diligent as well), or we must speak about a bot flag, which could be bit difficult, as the wikisources don't like many bot working in the project. However, a happy new year, cheers -jkb- (talk) 20:03, 1 January 2017 (UTC)
- @-jkb-: I just saw it in the recent edits tab after your message but my bot edits should not be there. I had applied for a bot flag and I started using it only after the approval. I can surely stop using the bot for a few days but I would surely like to know what we can do about it.--Satdeep Gill (talk) 01:12, 2 January 2017 (UTC)
May I ask you also about this page? It seems to be a google translation that nobody is willing to work on. I think it is useless, but I appreciate your opinion about this text before nominating it for deletion. Ankry (talk) 11:43, 12 February 2017 (UTC)
- @Ankry: The text seems to a pretty good translation. It can be used at a later stage. I am trying to build a Hindi Wikisource community and I hope they can see what they would like to do with this.--Satdeep Gill (talk) 13:51, 12 February 2017 (UTC)
Just few thoughts to consider.
- As I can see, language categories are in own language as a non-written standard in this project. While for languages in non-Latin scripts, an extra language category with English name is being added. But if you think, it is better to do it in another way for Hindi, it is your decision.
- If you rename the category like here you might also consider removal of duplicated categories.
- I doubt it is worth the effort to add the language category to pages in Page namespace. But if so, definitely not in the main field, where it will cause page merging problems (to main ns using <pages> tag). I suggest to place it in the footer, if not totally removed.
- @Ankry: Thanks for bringing this to my attention.
- I saw that more pages were in the latin category and hence wanted to standardize everything. Even if we want to change everything to the non-Latin category then we can do it easily now. Or do you suggest both categories in one page ?
- Indeed I have to do this one.
- I don't know if i can add categories to the footer section using AWB.--Satdeep Gill (talk) 01:53, 16 February 2017 (UTC)
- Yeah. This is really exciting for us. Thank you. Now, my next target is Hindi Wikisource followed by Urdu, Western Punjabi and many more. --Satdeep Gill (talk) 14:37, 27 February 2017 (UTC)
सर जी, Index:मालगुडी डेज़ मेने बनाया है। पर पाता नही क्यु। मुझे इसका कवर पेज अपलोड नही करने दिया जा रहा है। शायद मे नया हु। autoconfirmed नही हु। आप यह से w:File:Malgudi Days.jpg कवर पेज डाल दे। और देखे Index मे क्या error है। आप इसकी pdf भी अपलोड कर दे। यह १९४३ मे publish है। यह मेरा fav उपन्यास है। मे इस पर कार्य करना चहता हु। copyright देखा लेना।--Jayprakash (talk) 15:26, 10 March 2017 (UTC)
- @Jayprakash12345: ऐसे नहीं बनता है यहाँ पर। पहले आपको कॉमन्स पर पीडीऍफ़ अपलोड करना पड़ेगा फिर इंडेक्स फ़ाइल बनाई जाती है। --Satdeep Gill (talk) 05:49, 11 March 2017 (UTC)
- @Satdeep Gill: Sir, आप यह कार्य कर दे।--Jayprakash (talk) 05:51, 11 March 2017 (UTC)
- @Satdeep Gill: ये तो पाता नही है। पर नेट पर मिलनी चाहिए। अभी देखता हु। --Jayprakash (talk) 05:55, 11 March 2017 (UTC)