[4:16:12 PM] Jim Pedophilia:
Thank you for your thoughtful comments on my talk page. Doing so avoids the conflicts that arise so frequently when matters have not been discussed. Although I still feel that there is much to be gained from having one unified project I fully appreciate the special difficulties faced by Hebrew and other RTL languages.
I certainly agree that there are many cumbersome aspects to the project, but I believe that these can be resolved with ongoing discussion, and a willingness to accept that others are editing in good faith, and a respect for other languages. I have been particularly eager to find solutions that will diminish the dominance of English.
Communities operate on many different levels, and this kind of discussion has also happened in relation to the Meta-Wiki pages. In contrast with Wikipedia the issues here are certainly different. We don't have the kind of argumentative disputes of NPOV that you would find there. What the original author of a text wrote is a published fact, no matter what he said. This may change if people try to contribute more original translations. For the most part I support people's rights to post whatever they want in whatever language they want subject to a respect of the copyrights. So far the only item whose contents I seriously rejected involved software for spreading computer viruses.
I really would like to see a more sophisticated approach to cataloguing, bibliography and other support pages, but the manpower limitations are always there. I look forward to seeing seeing ways of cross indexing between this project and hewikisource. With important works some of the readers here may be interested if there is a link to the Hebrew version of the same thing. Eclecticology 00:56, 5 Aug 2004 (UTC)
ordnung muss sein
hey, I do not want to look too formal, but may I suggest that you place your comments at the end of the page? you have a tendency (which I also noticed on previous debates) to write in the middle of other people's comments, which does not make the page readable for a newcomer... --ThomasV 22:43, 14 Dec 2004 (UTC)
- You're right. I do it to respond point by point. But if it is confusing I will put it at the end instead. Thanks. Dovi 22:46, 14 Dec 2004 (UTC)
the reason why I moved those requests away from the vote page is that a lot of people have signed a subdomain request, but did not vote yet. I believe that it was confusing, people might not have realized that these requests are not the vote. the polish even added some text in order to reduce confusion. ThomasV 09:13, 14 Apr 2005 (UTC)
thanks for reorganizing it. I allowed myself to remove the link to archives, because it is already provided somewhere else in the page. I tend to be cautious before adding any new text to this page, because it tends to end up being translated into 10 different languages very quickly. ThomasV 08:03, 15 Apr 2005 (UTC)
Great! But where is the link?Dovi 08:15, 15 Apr 2005 (UTC)
- two links are provided in section "why a new vote" ThomasV 08:59, 15 Apr 2005 (UTC)
sorry, but I had to revert your last changes. please don't take it bad. in fact I agree with you that it should be reorganized the way you did it. however, it's really not the moment, because I asked Tim for the creation of en.wikisource, and I provided that url as a reference in several places, so that admins understand why I request a copy of the whole database. I might not be online when they do this, so it's better if the url I gave to them contains the right information. ThomasV 10:13, 13 May 2005 (UTC)
- No problem. If you don't mind, then, let's try to remember to move it when it won't cause any confusion. Dovi 10:17, 13 May 2005 (UTC)
of course I don't mind. I apologize for having done that so directly. ThomasV 10:31, 13 May 2005 (UTC)
hi Dovi. I guess a reorganization will not cause confusion anymore. it seems that we'll wait the next release (and the import feature) before subdomains are created. ThomasV 18:21, 17 May 2005 (UTC)
OK. Dovi 18:29, 17 May 2005 (UTC)
Hi Dovi, For the creation of subdomain language of wikisource, I found that enough support is just not enough. I made long debate with those developers, tried to confince them (you know there was a debate for indonesian and malay in mailing list, merged or not). I advice you to make contact via irc, by doing that you will get faster response from them. You may contact Brion, I think he is the person in charge of these wikisources. Borgx 00:32, 7 November 2005 (UTC)
Hi, thanks for your speedy and courteous reply on my talkpage. Is it actually pretty painless to create a new domain? My only other interactions with bugzilla have left me with an extremely bitter taste in my mouth – the people there were extraordinarily curt and unhelpful, and the procedures you were supposed to follow were arcane and contradictory. (Also, almost the entire corpus of public domain material in the Cornish language is already on wikisource. There's some more room for expansion, but not much...) Cheers, QuartierLatin1968 02:34, 15 January 2006 (UTC)
I'm sorry I don't understand your request for a word for WIKISOURCE. Do I need to replace the "HaitianCreole" below with something like
wikiplas or wikiespas which means "wiki space"?
I could also phoneticize source as "sòrs" for wikisòrs
Hello, I noticed that the Wikimedia link (from Template:Sisterprojects_No_Text) above the 9 sister projects at the bottom of the main page points to http://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Wikimedia. I think you may want http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Foundation instead which is used on http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Template:WikipediaSister Since you were the one that added the link in question I figured I could just mention this here on your talk page. You may also want to create a redirect at http://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Wikimedia while you're at it. (Thanks, I'm too much of a newb to dare to do either myself, plus I think an Admin is needed or something) 220.127.116.11 23:51, 13 January 2007 (UTC)
Bedaŭrinde mi ne komprenas, kion mi faru (kvankam mi iomete komprenas la unuopajn anglajn vortojn). Kien mi skribu kion, kaj kiucele? Bonvolu klarigi tion al mi.
Leider verstehe ich nicht, was ich tun soll (obwohl ich die einzelnen englischen Wörter ein wenig verstehe). Wohin soll ich was schreiben, und wozu? Bitte erklären Sie es mir. – Danke!--Albrecht 08:24, 22 January 2007 (UTC)
- Vi skribis (Sie haben geschrieben):
- All you need to do is fill in the translation for the ???????????:
- |- style="text-align: center;" | eo:* | Esperanto | "Wikisource" >>> "Vikifonto" | "The Free Library" = "Die freie Quellensammlung" >>> "?????????????"
- Sed pri kiu "translation" vi parolas? Sur miaj tradukitaj himno-paĝoj ne estas ????????, kaj sur la Ĉefpaĝo:Esperanto jam estas skribite "Esperanto", kaj krome tie estas multaj ????????.
- Aber von welcher "translation" sprechen Sie? Auf den Seiten mit meinen Hymnen-Übersetzungen sind keine ????????, und auf der Hauptseite:Esperanto steht das Wort Esperanto schon, und außerdem sind dort viele ????????.--Albrecht 09:02, 22 January 2007 (UTC)
Volapük in list
Hi! Following your request on my talk page, I've added Volapük to the Wikisource page. I hope this helps. Just out of curiosity, what is the purpose of this list?
A tiny little correction: on the Wikisource Main Page Portal, Volapük is mentioned in the last Category as "Volapük vol". The two-letter code for Volapük here isn't "vol", but "vo". --Smeira 20:40, 24 January 2007 (UTC)
Purpose of list:
- To document local versions of "Wikisource" and "The Free Library" in all languages. The top ten are presented on the main page, and I think that is the best way to do it, both in terms of practicality and aesthetics. Plus it conforms to the language portals for other projects. This page gives the option of a close link to a table for all languages.
- This is a better way, in my opinion, to collect and present the information that is m:Slogans, which has proven a failure.
- The table also presents a fascination picture of the multilingual nature of Wiksource.Dovi 11:19, 25 January 2007 (UTC)
Hi. I found something for you, see.
Do you need it or can it be deleted? -jkb- 09:37, 3 March 2007 (UTC)
Hello Dove, sorry for my late reply. I see you asked me to add cdo information on the table. But I'm sure if it is appropriate to do that since "cdo.wikisource.org" does not exist yet. Could you please tell me what I can do to make cdo wikisource proper? Are there any criteria? --GnuDoyng 06:04, 10 March 2007 (UTC)
Well... just thanx! ^^ I was just waiting to have my mind organized and to be ready to promote vec.wikisource and I would ask to add my mother language. But you did act right! I hope that your action will bring fortune to the Venetian Wikisource project. Thanks again.
--Achillu 21:46, 26 March 2007 (UTC)
- You're going to "get me"? OK... But seriously, slow Wikisources don't bother me too much, as long as they hold some content already, have potential future content (Yiddish has tons), and have a community that looks in on them (i.e. the Yiddish Wikipedia, which has taken off tremendously in recent months). The Yiddish Wikipedia community is the right address for concerns about Yiddish Wikisource, and I have no doubt that as time goes on they will be the source for its future growth. Dovi 19:32, 19 April 2007 (UTC)
- -) so I wish you good luck, bye, -jkb- 19:43, 19 April 2007 (UTC)
hi Dovi, and happy new year.
I asked you here to properly describe the problem that you have at he.ws, but you never did so. Did you see my message? If you do not explain what the problem is, I cannot guess. ThomasV 10:46, 6 January 2008 (UTC)
to be moved to he
sorry, not he but yi
question for the translation
Hi Dovi, after I am confronted with often requests from Czech Wikipedia (not from Czech Wikisource) to rename the Czech Wikisource to any Czech name because it is more nice, i would like to know the Wikisource translations in some other languages, just like Hebrew: what is the name of the subdomain? Thanks, -jkb- 17:57, 13 September 2008 (UTC)
- Hi, I'm not sure I understand the question. If you would like an explanation of the local name from Hebrew Wikisource, look at the talk page for Wikisource. If you meant something else, please clarify. Dovi 19:29, 13 September 2008 (UTC)
Well, I mean something else: some subdomains like fr.source or it.source kept the english name Wikisource, some transcripted it in other alphabets; some subdomains, however, choosed names like Wikizdroje (Polish WS), Wikitexts etc., which is partly the translation of english word source or something similar. As i canot read ויקיטקסט I asked what does it mean. -jkb- 22:32, 13 September 2008 (UTC)
- OK, that is indeed explained in detail in the notes found at the Talk:Wikisource page. Dovi 07:46, 14 September 2008 (UTC)
Oh, I did not see the talk page. Fine, thanks a lot. -jkb- 20:44, 14 September 2008 (UTC)
- Thank you. Next, we will try to overtake the Germans. ;-) -- Sergey kudryavtsev 10:09, 24 November 2008 (UTC)
?? he ??
- This better? Dovi 13:12, 20 November 2009 (UTC)
- :-) -jkb- 13:18, 20 November 2009 (UTC)
Sakha Wikisource / Сахалыы бикитиэкэ
Khmer WikiSource - How to start this new language
I'm a Wikipedian from Cambodia, working on 3 existing Khmer language projects:
Now, we are planning to work on this new Wikisource project for our language. Can you tell me where to start and how? I need a mentor/adviser - if you could be one. Thank you. --វ័ណថារិទ្ធ 18:40, 23 January 2011 (UTC)
Re: This change [Rev. 11 January 2011, 07:26:04 (UTC)].
I have posted (here) my request to change
hbs since the previous code was deprecated. There is no sh.wikisource.org and if any would arise, it would be under the prefix hbs.
Please correct that in the Template:AllLanguages. Thanks.
Also, the Montenegrin language still doesn't have a code. So it is completely unnecessary to list a code which belongs to some other language, even if some use it that way. Thanks again. Yours truly. -- Bugoslav 20:09, 25 February 2011 (UTC)
Hi, I switched sh >> hbs. Regarding Montenegrin, we need an alphabetical code, and that seems the closest currectly...? Dovi 07:49, 2 March 2011 (UTC)
Starting WikiSource Projects in Indian languages.
I working on Wikimedia Projects in Indian languages. As I see, Hindi has been verified as a language eligible for Wikisource Project. Yet 'hi.wikisource.org' is a non-entity when Hindi is the national language of India. Hindi material is available in one or two categories on general Wikisource.
Indian regional languages such as Malayalam, Kannada, Telugu, etc, have a separate presence on Wikisource.
Can you please help me in getting this status for Hindi. Also other Indian languages such as Urdu?
Help with harassment by cs.wikisource admins
Hi, I see you are admin of this wiki. On the local Village pump there's written: "This is the central location for discussing issues with Wikisource, and the place to ask for help." So I posted a plea for help there but noone replied. Would you please have a look? I'm being harassed by cs.wikisource admins, I was banned indef but I never did anything wrong on the wiki at all. Thanks in advance. --Auvajs (talk) 17:38, 20 January 2016 (UTC)
You are receiving this message because you are a sysop on www.wikisource.org, and because you have not been active in the last 12 months. A procedure is currently going on to remove inactive sysops.
If you wish to keep your sysop status, please answer on Wikisource:Administrators. Please indicate why you want to keep your sysop privileges.