Name of this page and project
Can't you guys and gals think of something more original? Now we have to qualify which Babel. Please think of something better (I really like Ec's idea of "Scriptorium" for the name). I also hate the name "Project Sourceburg". Wikisource is much better and in fact I have forwarded http://wikisource.org/ and http://wikisource.com/ to http://sources.wikipedia.org/ and those await official transfer to Wikimedia ownership. --Maveric149 01:43, 30 Nov 2003 (UTC)
- I agree we should call it Wikisource, and the main page reflects this. It's only the language file which doesn't. Now you have developer access, would you be able to change this mav?
- I have access to pliny but haven't had time to use it yet. However I'm pretty sure the MediaWiki namespace can be used to change the site name. That feature has not been turned on yet though. --Maveric149 02:40, 30 Nov 2003 (UTC)
- How about having the name of this page in Esperanto to be more international? Something like diskutado maybe? Angela 02:10, 30 Nov 2003 (UTC)
- Well it avoids the English bias anyway. Angela 08:20, 30 Nov 2003 (UTC)
- How about "WikiText"? It is both clear and international, and captures the idea of the project.Zabek 07:27, 30 Nov 2003 (UTC)
- Do you mean for the name of this page or for the project? Angela 08:20, 30 Nov 2003 (UTC)
- For the project. Although it might not be good for lists of zip codes.Zabek 13:42, 30 Nov 2003 (UTC)
The problem with "Wikitext" is that not all the material will be text. The proposed inclusion of voting results and mathematical data are not text. I support Wikisource over Project Sourceberg.
Babel too should be changed. This feature should have a different name in each project. Eclecticology 03:18, 1 Dec 2003 (UTC)
The singular Wikisource is a collective term that emphasizes that it is one project, whereas the plural emphasizes that it an accumulation of diverse material. Eclecticology 18:02, 2 Dec 2003 (UTC)
- Yes it is one project that will be the source of a great deal of texts. One url, one database, one source. I see no need to have a plural title. This is not the same as Wikibooks since that project is a collection of books. The singular source includes collections whereas the singular book does not include collections (unless they are all in the same book). --Maveric149 20:39, 3 Dec 2003 (UTC)
Personally, I would have chosen the plural, but it doesn't matter to me. Same for the coffee bar. ;o) Yann 21:15, 2 Dec 2003 (UTC)