This is an archive for 2008 - please do not edit this page.
- Hi Spacebirdy, I guess there is a problem. Does the change concern the link to the Main Page or the term in the second line??? (I think this is the request, but specify this pls). -jkb- 12:22, 18 March 2008 (UTC)
- Hi -jkb-, thanks for the fast answer, I could only find
ไทย ห้องสมุดเสร 11,000+ pages
- yeas, it seem to be, I make it, -jkb- 12:30, 18 March 2008 (UTC)
Language News & Updates Link
- thx, done -jkb- 12:34, 19 March 2008 (UTC)
Hungarian Wikisource has more than 1000 articles.
Somebody, who can edit this page, please move the Hungarian (Magyar) Wikisource to the 1000+ articles group.
- done -jkb- 13:14, 23 March 2008 (UTC)
I've found the following text :
ไทย ห้องสมุดเสรี 11,000+ pages
The word "pages" should be change to "หน้า". Thank you. --126.96.36.199 06:13, 30 March 2008 (UTC)
- Corrected. --Dungodung 10:10, 30 March 2008 (UTC)
Could you please change from,
The "ห้องสมุด" is too general, that may include books, or encyclopedia. "หอสมุด" sound more specific to the "source" library. --Ans 11:35, 18 April 2008 (UTC)
- Well, is this the final version? -jkb- 12:39, 18 April 2008 (UTC)
Why only 8 or 9 languages on front page (and what about Hebrew)
Why only 8 or 9 languages, when there are many more sites.
And what about the Hebrew wikiSource/wikiText ? Pashute 02:38, 18 June 2008 (UTC)
- OK, I didn't see that you can scroll down... But
- a. Thats a major problem.
- b. There's no list in English, so a "find" search on the page wont give a result.
- Solution: ABOVE the line with 100,000 (which shows on the screen when page first loaded without scrolling)
- have one line: "More languages... 100,000 and more 10,000 and more etc.,
- and these links point down further on the same page.
- Also have a "list of all languages in English" on the same page at the bottom. Pashute 02:47, 18 June 2008 (UTC)
- That's a good idea. I'll put some internal links into the page. Languages are listed in English at a Meta page (see link at bottom). We try to keep this page as language-neutral as possible (though it cannot be completely so). Dovi 12:31, 18 June 2008 (UTC)
- These language names should not have underscores replacing the space characters:
- Bahasa Indonesia
- Bahasa Melayu
- Basa Sunda
- Krèyol ayisyen
- Runa Simi
- Persian Wikisource (فارسی) has more than 10,000 pages.
Aviator 12:23, 17 August 2008 (UTC)
- I've moved those two up on Template:Wikisource languages, however now we also need to consider adding Persian to the main round circle on the front page. I'm not sure what is involved for that. According to meta:Wikisource, Persian has caught up with Portuguese. We cant drop th or pl, as they are roughly equivalent, so I think we would need to squeeze 'fa' in somehow. John Vandenberg 07:10, 28 September 2008 (UTC)
Please add Basa Jawa/jv on this page. Thanks. Meursault2004 23:27, 9 October 2008 (UTC)
Thanks. Meursault2004 10:41, 10 October 2008 (UTC)
Update page count for ru
Admins, please, update article count -- RU have more than 19 000 articles now! -- Sergey kudryavtsev 13:37, 7 November 2008 (UTC)
- Done, --LadyInGrey 18:00, 7 November 2008 (UTC)
I don't read Russian but I think your page count has gone up to 77,000+ from 74,000 -- please update! January 21, 2010
- The order is based on Zyephyrus 18:19, 22 January 2010 (UTC) , not on the number of pages. Regards, --
Russian subdomain outstrip Italian
- Russian subdomain reach 20 000 articles. Update main page, please. -- Sergey kudryavtsev 06:04, 21 November 2008 (UTC)
Updating vs. protecting
I think it's not the best idea to have the main page and it's templates with lists fully protected when nobody apparently takes care about its updating. Eg. the list bellow the "top-ten circle" is way so outdated. I'd suggest to semi-protect at least that list (Template:Wikisource languages). I also wanted to tweak the code of Template:Sisterprojects No Text and couldn't as well. :-/ I'd like to update both templates, so do you think you could just semi-protect them, please? Thanks.
— Danny B. 11:57, 5 December 2008 (UTC)
- Done John Vandenberg 12:06, 5 December 2008 (UTC)
The links to other wikimedia projects should direct to the general pages, and not to the english page. For example : to http://www.wikipedia.org/ and not to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Main_Page. 188.8.131.52 17:48, 13 December 2008 (UTC)
— Danny B. 22:25, 14 December 2008 (UTC)