Open Library is a project of the non-profit Internet Archive. Open Library claims to have 6 million authors, 25 million edition records, and about three million readable books are available as scanned or born-digital e-books.
Which partnership could be possible
From WS towards IA:
- WS could link OL works to proofread WS editions
- Wikisource could upload back into the Internet Archive the proofread editions. Hurdle: WS has no means (yet) of embedding proofread text back into the Djvu files.
- Books in Commons that are missing in the Internet Archive could be linked from OL or uploaded via Archive-It
From OL/IA towards IA:
- An indication when there is a proofread work in Wikisource.
- An invitation to proofread texts in WS when that book is present.
OL is building a working community, not that many resources are available, but there is openness for a collaboration.