Why did you change from <table border="0" width="100%"> to <table border="0" width="75%"> ? Yann 19:10, 23 September 2005 (UTC)
- I did the change. Why? Because the table was on top of the right table, and the links were hidden. Revert my edition if you want. --LadyInGrey 21:44, 23 September 2005 (UTC)
Sites of interest
- http://www.swargarohan.org/glossary.htm : Sanskrit-English spiritual dictionary
Devnagari text is plagued with ZWJ characters. Some software add these character to join the character with nukta to the following character. What this results in, is a yet another double standard that hinders the searchability of a document. It also results in errneous rendering of the text (at least on safari). wikimedia projects should get rid of all the ZWJ and ZWNJ codepoints from the text. Spundun 23:34, 21 December 2005 (UTC)
- Actually, my browser (Konqueror) doesn't show the ZWJ characters. I can see them with Firefox, but this browser has other problems for displaying Devanagari. Spundun, could you make a list of pages where ZWJ should be removed? Then that can be done with a bot. Yann 13:33, 22 December 2005 (UTC)
- I might be able to go through all the thousand+ pages but this task is also better suited for a bot me thinks... what do you think? --Spundun 16:24, 22 December 2005 (UTC)
For Devanagari, the text size should be much bigger than for English. Is it possible to automatically display devanagari in a bigger font by editing some style file?
- —Karthik 05:15, 18 February 2006 (UTC)
Handling grammatical mistakes
The text used in the pages are having lot of grammatical problems.
E.g.-मुखपृष्ठं:संस्कृत is not a sentence or anything. It would be better if we put it is as संस्कृतमुखपृष्ठम् or संस्कृत-मुखपृष्ठम्.
Also, some places other than sanskrit language has been used, which I feel is not a good idea. Of course, I am not against putting sanskrit text along with translation in other language text.
It would like to know whether I can go ahead with such changes.
- I wrote most of what is on this page, but my Sanskrit level is rather low. So yes, go ahead! Yann 09:03, 25 September 2007 (UTC)
Download All Sanskrit Pages?
Is it possible to download all of the Sanskrit pages as is possible for Wikipedia? Thnx. Pablohoney77
- What do you mean by "download all of the Sanskrit pages"? Yann 18:34, 9 August 2008 (UTC)
- Ah ok. AFAIK, this doesn't exist for Wikisource. May be it could be useful. We need to ask a developer. Yann 10:22, 11 August 2008 (UTC)
why not?--Esteban.barahona 04:26, 26 August 2008 (UTC)
Mūlamadhyamakakārikā: first chapter in romanized Sanskrit with diacritics
Mūlamadhyamakakārikā: first chapter in romanized Sanskrit with diacritics Could somebody please put this page in the appropriate location? And categorize appropriately? I don't know how to do that. Thank you 18.104.22.168 13:40, 1 April 2009 (UTC) NB: could someone then please add the appropriate template to the Mūlamadhyamakakārikā article on Wikipedia so that people are aware the text is in Source. Thanx. B9 hummingbird hovering
For Source there is a word स्रोत in sanskrit then why unnecessarily विकियोनिः When today's times word योनिः 's predominant meaning is of a sexual organ so why not use विकिस्रोत instead of योनिः?
Otherwise also wikisource is not for original reasearch out of wikisource it self. wikisource is just a collection of origina reasearch which happened somewhere else so स्रोत word is more apropriate.
And I belive majiority of sanskrit knowing people of todays generation would be a bit conservative on this aspect.
Puranas & other Sanskrit texts
I am only on a little netbook and moving large files around is problematic. I would very much appreciate if someone could populate our Wikisource Purana page with the Puranas found HERE. There are many other important files as well but it would be appreciated if the Puranas could be focused upon sooner rather than later.
B9 hummingbird hovering 11:43, 10 March 2010 (UTC)