Wikisource:Scriptorium/Archives/Jan 2018 - Dec 2018

From Wikisource
Jump to navigation Jump to search

Tech News: 2018-02[edit]

16:19, 8 January 2018 (UTC)

Tech News: 2018-3[edit]

18:45, 15 January 2018 (UTC)

Restore link[edit]

The link in De Tobackschmöker has to be restored. I had to remove it as else I couldn't save a correction. -91.6.195.105 19:01, 22 January 2018 (UTC)

Transwiki some texts from oc-wiki?[edit]

I have a question about some medieval text that is currently in article namespace on Occitan Wikipedia, and whether transwikifying it to Wikisource would be a better idea. I was under the impression that most wikipedias prefer references or short excerpts from primary sources, and not whole texts, plus, placing it here seems like the right venue.

I'm improving the article Querimonia on en-wiki, and among the Wikidata language links is one in Occitan. At oc:w:Querimònia, section #Tèxt dera Querimònia has nine links to what appear to be complete source texts written in Occitan, that are all located in oc-wiki article namespace. Follow footnote 2 on that page to see where the article copied the text from. (Tried to add it here, but was not able to.)

I'd prefer to see these texts transwikified here, instead; and then I could refer to them more easily from en-wiki (and the other wikis I work on), as well as using the en-wiki templates that provide a linked Wikisource box with a logo, and so on.

Can someone advise? Thanks, Mathglot (talk) 22:19, 22 January 2018 (UTC)

@Mathglot: This is the perfect spot for this. Wikipedias are encyclopedias, so they aren't made to host original source documents but Wikisource is. Additionally, we have the Index namespace and the proper plugins for transcribing scans. —Justin (koavf)TCM 06:13, 23 January 2018 (UTC)
Thanks, Koavf, that's pretty much what I figured. I guess my real question, is, now what? Do you (or someone else here) want to take this on? Or, do you want me to do something?
As far as contact with them is concerned, I don't know anybody at oc-wiki. There are some native speakers of Occitan, but all of them speak something else, usually French or Catalan, and maybe speak some English or Spanish as well, and if any translation is needed between us and them, I can manage it. Please ping me if you need anything further. Mathglot (talk) 08:15, 23 January 2018 (UTC)
@Mathglot: A local importer here should import the page(s) but I am not one. Our importers @Jusjih, Ooswesthoesbes: can you help? —Justin (koavf)TCM 08:19, 23 January 2018 (UTC)
Yes check.svg Done. The pages can be found through Querimònia. --Ooswesthoesbes (talk) 09:42, 23 January 2018 (UTC)
Wow, that was fast! Thanks, all. Mathglot (talk) 10:17, 23 January 2018 (UTC)
@Mathglot: That's the wiki way. —Justin (koavf)TCM 06:02, 24 January 2018 (UTC)

Tech News: 2018-04[edit]

23:56, 22 January 2018 (UTC)

Getting User Help[edit]

The means to get help in Wikisource or Wikimedia seems very byzantine. In other words, not very helpful as the admins are not readily accessible.

The admins at Wikipedia butchered a page that was in place for a long time, removing much of the text while stating that it should be located in Wikisource. I tried to create a new page here but was denied:

"This action has been automatically identified as harmful, and therefore disallowed. If you believe your action was constructive, please inform an administrator of what you were trying to do. A brief description of the abuse rule which your action matched is: Antispam"

The problem is that there is no easy way to "inform and administrator". Perhaps the message should contain a link to a form or email to make the admins aware of problems. unsigned comment by Awc2008 (talk) .

@Awc2008: I agree that the process can be very arcane and frustrating. How can I help? —Justin (koavf)TCM 00:05, 25 January 2018 (UTC)

@koavf: I created the page "The Morals of Chess" which is an essay Benjamin Franklin wrote in 1786. Can you remove the 'spam' designation so that I can actually put some content in it? Thanks! unsigned comment by Awc2008 (talk) .

@Awc2008: It looks like you created it here at the Multilingual Wikisource (a.k.a. Old Wikisource): The Morals of Chess. Since the English language has its own Wikisource, it should be posted there: s:en:The Morals of Chess. Note that this Wikisource is only for 1.) texts which are themselves multilingual and 2.) texts for languages which are so small that they will probably never have their own Wikisource (or that could someday graduate from here but have small bodies of texts for now). I am making a request there to have it imported. —Justin (koavf)TCM 22:46, 28 January 2018 (UTC)

Tech News: 2018-05[edit]

17:06, 29 January 2018 (UTC)

Request for comment[edit]

I would like to draw attention to this incident: User talk:Billinghurst#Re:Notes on the churches in the counties of Kent, Sussex, and Surrey. Maplestrip (talk) 08:39, 19 March 2018 (UTC)

Proposal for keyboard shortcuts[edit]

I prefer to edit with the keyboard, so shortcuts like "Alt+Shift+E" to edit are valuable. In the Page: namespace, we don't have shortcuts for navigating pages. I'd like to propose that we 1.) add these and 2.) that they should be "Alf+Shift+→", "Alf+Shift+←", and "Alf+Shift+↑", for navigating forwards one page, backwards one page, and to the index. I want to get community feedback and consensus before going to phab:. Thoughts? —Justin (koavf)TCM 19:09, 4 February 2018 (UTC)

@Koavf: great idea! I 1000% agree with you. @Tpt: what do you think? Cdlt, VIGNERON (talk) 06:39, 5 April 2018 (UTC)
@VIGNERON: Related: phab:T186478. —Justin (koavf)TCM 08:47, 5 April 2018 (UTC)

Tech News: 2018-06[edit]

20:51, 5 February 2018 (UTC)

Tech News: 2018-07[edit]

21:59, 12 February 2018 (UTC)

Tech News: 2018-08[edit]

22:55, 19 February 2018 (UTC)

Tech News: 2018-09[edit]

19:52, 26 February 2018 (UTC)

Tech News: 2018-10[edit]

17:12, 5 March 2018 (UTC)

Public Domain 2018 Russia[edit]

Tech News: 2018-11[edit]

19:43, 12 March 2018 (UTC)

Approval of Wikisource Basque[edit]

Wikisource Basque was approved for its own subdomain on 12 March. Congratulations!

  • Please continue to contribute to the Basque resources here until the project is exported.
  • The phabricator task is phabricator:T189465. Please note that some data are still needed to complete the task; project contributors should check there.

For LangCom: StevenJ81 (talk) 15:27, 13 March 2018 (UTC)

That is great news! :) --Ooswesthoesbes (talk) 09:43, 14 March 2018 (UTC)
StevenJ81: it's indeed a great thing that the LangCom is finally approving some new projects. If you guys are willing to examine some long-standing request, I would like to remind you about m:Requests for new languages/Wikisource Neapolitan, which has a HUGE corpus of texts. --Candalua (talk) 14:31, 23 April 2018 (UTC)
@Candalua: I'll take a look at it shortly. (I've had to be away for a few days, so I'll need a few more just to catch up.) I will mention to all WS communities that you can ping me if you think you are ready to have your project approved. But be sure you have the translation and activity requirements met, too. StevenJ81 (talk) 16:14, 23 April 2018 (UTC)
StevenJ81, since you were kind enough to immediately reply, I will add a few clarifications. Nap.source is an effort lead primarily by User:C.R., with the participation of other Italian users including me, which has been going on for the last 3-4 years. Recently the project slowed down, primarily because users felt that the LangCom was not interested in approving the request, so they got discouraged. However, if the LangCom has now resumed its activities and is willing to examine our work, I'm sure that we can also resume activity on the project. I would like anyway to point out, that a Wikisource does not necessarily need a continuous activity to be of some value (once a book is transcribed and proofread, work is finished: it doesn't required to be kept up-to-date like a Wikipedia article). Thank you. Candalua (talk) 18:21, 23 April 2018 (UTC)
@Candalua: I'm responsible for keeping LangCom on track now, so I assure you we will be looking at things. Frankly, it's harder for me to parse what might or might not be ready in WS than in the other projects, because (a) I'm a sysop at Incubator, so keep track of what happens there, and (b) there's one page at Beta WV where the 50-odd tests are summarized. But I am always glad to have someone contact me to tell me they are ready.
In your case, I'll have a look at your project in the next few days. If the only thing missing is activity, but there was a long period where activity was fine, I'll take it to LangCom anyway, provided that some activity resumes.
It is true that continuous activity is perhaps somewhat less important on a WS project than on a WP project. But it's still the case that once a project is out there and independent, it's important to continue to have experienced people on hand watching things. So while I can probably get LangCom to understand a gap in activity (for the reasons you said), I'd still far prefer to be able to say that "the test community is committed to staying active through and after the approval." StevenJ81 (talk) 18:34, 23 April 2018 (UTC)
I believe the same goes for the Georgian Wikisource. @Steven: If you want, I can try to keep track of test activity here, as I watch this wiki for vandalism and deletions anyway. --Ooswesthoesbes (talk) 09:10, 24 April 2018 (UTC)
Ooswesthoesbes, that would be very helpful. Thanks.
Candalua, I haven't really had a chance to sit down and look yet. But the Meta request page brought my attention to eleven pages in Neapolitan on Italian Wikisource. What should happen with those? StevenJ81 (talk) 14:21, 24 April 2018 (UTC)
Judging from the category name (testi), I think it would be best to move them to the subdomain once created. Of course, it should be discussed at the Italian Wikisource. --Ooswesthoesbes (talk) 14:34, 24 April 2018 (UTC)
StevenJ81: the it.source community has already decided to transfer those pages to nap.source once it's approved. Candalua (talk) 17:06, 24 April 2018 (UTC)

Tech News: 2018-12[edit]

15:03, 19 March 2018 (UTC)

Tech News: 2018-13[edit]

20:03, 26 March 2018 (UTC)

Tech News: 2018-14[edit]

19:28, 2 April 2018 (UTC)

Delete Index:H.M. Diana.djvu[edit]

@‎KäthesBücher:, Die Göttinnen oder die drei Romane der Herzogin von Assy is a German book and should be kept in German Wikisource, instead of here. @Ankry, VIGNERON:, please move this index page and all its pages to German Wikisource and delete them here. Thanks. -- Bodhisattwa (talk) 05:51, 5 April 2018 (UTC)

@Bodhisattwa: strangely no. Heinrich Mann died in 1950 so it's not PD in Germany and can't be on de.ws (the book was published in 1903 so it's PD-US and kind of ok for the multilingual wikisource, see the warning on File:H.M. Diana.djvu). Meanwhile we should have some kind of system to tell when the transfer will be possible, maybe a category to transfer on de.ws on 2021. VIGNERON (talk) 06:33, 5 April 2018 (UTC)
Oh! Ok. -- Bodhisattwa (talk) 06:58, 5 April 2018 (UTC)
The category idea sounds very good to me! :) Alternatively, we could just make one project page. That will be easier to maintain and require us to create less categories, which will eventually become deprecated anyway. --Ooswesthoesbes (talk) 09:46, 5 April 2018 (UTC)
Symbol support vote.svg Support And I think we can implement structure similar to structure of this Commons category. We have also a similar tree in plwikisource. Ankry (talk) 12:36, 5 April 2018 (UTC)
I have created a tree starting from Category:To be moved to own language subdomain according to year. Feel free to add files/categories to it. Ankry (talk) 22:57, 2 July 2018 (UTC)

Tech News: 2018-15[edit]

18:09, 9 April 2018 (UTC)

Tech News: 2018-16[edit]

15:20, 16 April 2018 (UTC)

Basque Wikisource created[edit]

Hello. eu: was created and I imported all pages from Category:Euskara and subcategories to there. These pages can now be deleted here, cf. User:MF-Warburg#Basque. Note that there are also still pages from other exported languages listed on my userpage which need to be deleted here. --MF-Warburg (talk) 20:18, 22 April 2018 (UTC)

  • Great news! Seems very inspirating! Congratulations to all the users of Basque Wikisource, and especially to those who worked hard on setting and developing it! --Nigmont (talk) 22:07, 22 April 2018 (UTC)

Great news! I'll dive into the deletions soon. --Ooswesthoesbes (talk) 11:28, 23 April 2018 (UTC)

@Ooswesthoesbes, Ankry, VIGNERON, Zyephyrus:: I made a gadget called FastDelete, which can be used by admins to speedily delete many pages. If you activate it from your preferences, in every category there will be a red [X] next to every page which deletes it without confirmation, and a "DELETE ALL PAGES!" link which deletes all pages marked with [X]. Obviously, it's to be used with caution! :D Candalua (talk) 15:44, 27 April 2018 (UTC)
Obviously! Thanks, Candalua :) --Zyephyrus (talk) 18:58, 27 April 2018 (UTC)
That would be very helpful for pages. Thank you! However, use them with caution for main namespace articles, as talk pages are usually forgotten with import. --Ooswesthoesbes (talk) 08:41, 28 April 2018 (UTC)
I just tried it out for the remaining Basque and Oriya pages. It works great! :) --Ooswesthoesbes (talk) 08:51, 28 April 2018 (UTC)
Also, because it tends to clutter up Recent Changes, I propose that when it is necessary for test deletion, we temporarily upgrade the admin account to bot status, so RC remains easy to check. --Ooswesthoesbes (talk) 08:54, 28 April 2018 (UTC)
@Ooswesthoesbes, Ankry, VIGNERON, Zyephyrus: That would be useful. On it.source we have activated the "flood flag", so sysops can assign themselves a kind of bot flag and remove it when they're done. However I don't see this option here, so we probably have to ask for it on phabricator to get it (example of the request). Otherwise I think only bureaucrats can assign the bot flag, but they cannot remove it, you need to request it on meta every time. If you guys support it, I can post the request. Candalua (talk) 10:16, 28 April 2018 (UTC)
No objections from me. Ankry (talk) 10:18, 28 April 2018 (UTC)
Good to know that. I didn't know one can't remove a bot flag. In that case, the flood flag would be a very good option. --Ooswesthoesbes (talk) 10:19, 28 April 2018 (UTC)
Support obviously (I thought we already had it) VIGNERON (talk) 10:23, 28 April 2018 (UTC)
Requested: phab:T193350. Candalua (talk) 18:07, 29 April 2018 (UTC)
Very good! :) I kept track of it while I get phabricator mails. The way it will be deployed makes perfect sense to me. --Ooswesthoesbes (talk) 11:59, 30 April 2018 (UTC)
It seems the config change is already applied. Unsure, however, if the flag should not be also self-revokable? But, maybe assigning this right as temporary is enough. We should just remember of that and use with care. Ankry (talk) 13:49, 30 April 2018 (UTC)

It's live! To use it, go to https://wikisource.org/w/index.php?title=Special%3AUserRights&user=your_username and check "pseudobot". You can specifiy an expiration period (defined by MediaWiki:Userrights-expiry-options, change it if you want more options). --Candalua (talk) 13:56, 30 April 2018 (UTC)

Ankry: the pages states "A * indicates that you cannot remove the group once you have added it, or vice versa." and shows a * on pseudobot. However this is plainly wrong, as I just assigned myself the flag and removed it successfully. :D --Candalua (talk) 14:00, 30 April 2018 (UTC)
Just noticed the fallback language for Limburgish interface, which is Dutch, uses "bot" for both "bot" and "pseudobot". Got to fix that first on translatewiki before I use the function. --Ooswesthoesbes (talk) 14:03, 30 April 2018 (UTC)
@Candalua: Yes, just noticed that a user that already has the peudobot right has also the right to drop it. BTW, bureaucrats can revoke the bot flag. Ankry (talk) 14:05, 30 April 2018 (UTC)
Yes, Meta confirms that too. --Ooswesthoesbes (talk) 14:48, 30 April 2018 (UTC)
A couple of things. (1) I recommend changing "pseudobot" to "flood" if you can, even if that means editing a local MediaWiki-space page. Nobody really knows what a "pseudobot" is. (2) I suspect if you look at [[Special:UserRights/yourusername]] while you have the flag, that "*" will disappear. StevenJ81 (talk) 15:33, 30 April 2018 (UTC)
Not sure if we should change the name, given the multilingual nature of this site: many people use different interface languages, so to be consistent we should change it in each language. Anyway, just the five sysops need to know its meaning, and now they do :D. (For reference, the related messages are MediaWiki:Grouppage-flood, MediaWiki:Group-flood, MediaWiki:Group-flood-member). About the *, I suspect that probably they missed something in the configuration, because on it.source I do not see the *. Doesn't matter, as long as it works. --Candalua (talk) 17:08, 30 April 2018 (UTC)

Tech News: 2018-17[edit]

18:16, 23 April 2018 (UTC)

Tech News: 2018-18[edit]

16:18, 30 April 2018 (UTC)

Approval of Piedmontese Wikisource[edit]

Piedmontese Wikisource has been proposed for approval. See m:Talk:Language committee#Notification about proposed approval of Piedmontese Wikisource. StevenJ81 (talk) 15:48, 1 May 2018 (UTC)

Great news, thank you StevenJ81. Cdlt, VIGNERON (talk) 07:31, 9 May 2018 (UTC)
This project is approved. We will put in a phabricator task shortly. Keep working here until you hear that the new wiki has been created. StevenJ81 (talk) 13:50, 10 May 2018 (UTC)
phabricator:T194879. StevenJ81 (talk) 14:06, 17 May 2018 (UTC)

AdvancedSearch[edit]

Birgit Müller (WMDE) 14:53, 7 May 2018 (UTC)

Tech News: 2018-19[edit]

16:27, 7 May 2018 (UTC)

Tech News: 2018-20[edit]

22:22, 14 May 2018 (UTC)

Tech News: 2018-21[edit]

17:33, 21 May 2018 (UTC)

Tech News: 2018-22[edit]

12:40, 29 May 2018 (UTC)

Introducing Toolhub[edit]

I apologize if this message is not in your preferred language. Please help us translate this message.

What does your participation on the Wikimedia projects look like? Do you edit articles? Upload files? Patrol vandalism? Translate articles? Translate interface messages? Do you organize people, online or offline? Do you train new editors, or new trainers? Do you write code?

There are many different ways to contribute to Wikimedia – more than you would expect just from reading Wikipedia articles. Over the past several years, volunteers have developed technical tools that help Wikimedians improve content, patrol vandalism, and perform many other tasks. They make it possible to do what the wiki software alone cannot accomplish. Without these tools, many of our projects would slow down to a crawl.

I am very happy to announce a new project called Toolhub which seeks to create a searchable index of these tools in all languages. We are building this tool catalog based on what our communities need. If you would like to help, please take a look at m:Toolhub and review the question at the top of the page. You can also leave feedback in any language on the talkpage. You can also email me private feedback. Harej (WMF) (talk) 01:16, 3 June 2018 (UTC)

Tech News: 2018-23[edit]

21:54, 4 June 2018 (UTC)

Tech News: 2018-24[edit]

21:55, 11 June 2018 (UTC)

Tech News: 2018-25[edit]

21:47, 18 June 2018 (UTC)

File transfer feature[edit]

This announcement seems interesting to me: file transfers commons <--> sourceswiki are pain sometimes and they are not rare (however, it seems to me that only transfer to Commons is supperte now). Files from Commons are transferred here when they are found to be not PD in the source country, and after files become PD in source country they transferred in the opposite direction. To enable this feature for testing a community decission is required. So I'm pinging admins and recently active users for comments (it you have an opinion about this). Ankry (talk) 20:28, 25 June 2018 (UTC)

@BRUTE, Candalua, Doug, -jkb-, Jusjih:@LadyInGrey, Mahagaja, Ooswesthoesbes, Satdeep Gill, Tpt:@VIGNERON, Yann, Zyephyrus: @Nigmont, Giakosh, Ninjastrikers, Kumincir, Salicyna:@Lionslayer, Phyoekyaw, Rosacentifolia, Mahagaja, Shypoetess:@Reptilien.19831209BE1, Jimregan, Juan renombrado:

  • Symbol support vote.svg Support I actually have a potential candidate for a commons->sourceswiki move, so I'd be willing to try it out. -- Jimregan (talk) 20:49, 25 June 2018 (UTC)
@Jimregan: I am afraid (looking and the tool documentation) that it supports only transfers to Commons at the moment :( However, this is not clearly stated. Ankry (talk) 06:41, 27 June 2018 (UTC)
@Ankry: I support it either way. They usually limit the scope when they launch new things, so hopefully the other direction will come along sooner or later. -- Jimregan (talk) 10:40, 27 June 2018 (UTC)
  • Symbol support vote.svg Support, it seems to be a very useful and helpful feature for Wikisource, so I also wish it to be implemented and tested here. --Nigmont (talk) 21:04, 25 June 2018 (UTC)
  • I have at present no specially idea where to use it but I think it will be worthy to test this feature. so I will support implementing it here. -jkb- (talk) 21:59, 25 June 2018 (UTC)
  • Symbol support vote.svg Support Sure, could be useful. Yann (talk) 22:06, 25 June 2018 (UTC)
  • Symbol support vote.svg Support and many thanks! --Zyephyrus (talk) 07:59, 26 June 2018 (UTC)
  • Symbol support vote.svg Support Tpt (talk) 08:05, 26 June 2018 (UTC)
  • Symbol support vote.svg Support --Ooswesthoesbes (talk) 08:17, 26 June 2018 (UTC)
  • Symbol support vote.svg Support --Candalua (talk) 08:31, 26 June 2018 (UTC)
  • Symbol support vote.svg Support ပီကေ (PK) (talk) 09:57, 26 June 2018 (UTC)Phyoekyaw
  • Symbol support vote.svg Support Lionslayer (talk) 11:36, 26 June 2018 (UTC)
  • Symbol support vote.svg Support Useful. Ninjastrikers (talk) 13:07, 26 June 2018 (UTC)
  • Symbol support vote.svg Support Salicyna (talk) 15:06, 26 June 2018 (UTC)

The feature should be active tomorrow, see phab:T198594. Ankry (talk) 17:17, 10 July 2018 (UTC)

Tech News: 2018-26[edit]

23:10, 25 June 2018 (UTC)

Page colouring in index not working for some pages[edit]

As it was noticed yesterday on some wikisources, some pages are no longer coloured in index. Eg. Page:'E Lluce-luce.djvu/165 in Index:'E Lluce-luce.djvu. This problem affects mainly older pages (not edited since 2015), bot also some newer ones and according to phab:T198470 it is a delayed effect of last year changes in proofreadpage. Billinghurst and I think that the best way to get rid of this problem is to null-edit ALL pages in the Page: namespace (purging them is not enough).

If you agree and wish me to perform this task, please (@Zyephyrus, Ooswesthoesbes, -jkb-:) set the bot flag for User:AkBot as the required null-edits change the page internal structure and are non-null actually. Without the flag this job would flood RecentChanges. (pywikibot's touch.py does not set the flag automatically, but I am aware of this.)

Touching all pages will update their structure to the newest one and, potentially, will allow us to avoid similar page structure-related problems in future.

As there is not many pages here, the job would take few hours at the highest speed. -- Ankry (talk) 07:31, 30 June 2018 (UTC)

Done, see https://wikisource.org/wiki/Special:UserRights/AkBot, for the first time without any expiration, this can be done later. Thank you, -jkb- (talk) 08:32, 30 June 2018 (UTC)
Very good :) --Ooswesthoesbes (talk) 14:08, 30 June 2018 (UTC)

Tidy to RemexHtml[edit]

m:User:Elitre (WMF) 14:38, 2 July 2018 (UTC)

Tech News: 2018-27[edit]

00:46, 3 July 2018 (UTC)

Requesting bot flag for User:Revibot[edit]

Revibot is a global bot for fixing double redirects. Since no bots seems to be fixing them, I would like to help automatically fix them - except I would like a bot flag to hide them from RecentChanges, and I can run it at a faster rate. If you want it running without flag, that's fine for me as well.

Without bot flag, I will be running them at 1 edit per minute, and with the bot flag, I will be running at 6 edits per minute. (Usual practice per global bot policy.) Thanks for the consideration!

— regards, Revi 17:35, 3 July 2018 (UTC)

Symbol support vote.svg Support. Ankry (talk) 17:15, 5 July 2018 (UTC)
Symbol support vote.svg Support --Candalua (talk) 10:05, 6 July 2018 (UTC)
@Zyephyrus, -jkb-, Ooswesthoesbes: any objections? Ankry (talk) 06:48, 26 July 2018 (UTC)
Not at all. -revi is a trusted user and the bot doesn't seem to be malfunctioning. As the request is nearly one month old, I granted the bot flag. --Ooswesthoesbes (talk) 07:51, 26 July 2018 (UTC)
Yes check.svg Done --Zyephyrus (talk) 09:35, 26 July 2018 (UTC)
too late for me :-) but OK, regards -jkb- (talk) 10:18, 26 July 2018 (UTC)

Need assistance in importing content[edit]

Hello, I hope this is the right place to ask for help. Recently I've uploaded this at Commons, which is a constitution of one of the states in Malaysia, written in Bahasa Melayu(ms). I am actually clueless how to import this to wikisource since ms does not have its own page. Please help? Many thanks in return. Froswo (talk) 08:33, 9 July 2018 (UTC)

What would be the reason to import it to here? --Ooswesthoesbes (talk) 09:04, 9 July 2018 (UTC)

Tech News: 2018-28[edit]

23:10, 9 July 2018 (UTC)

Global preferences are available[edit]

19:20, 10 July 2018 (UTC)

File rename[edit]

@Ankry, ‎Zyephyrus, ‎Ooswesthoesbes: Please, rename File:Gesammelteromane09mann.djvu to File:H.M.-Novellen 1.djvu (for consistency with File:H.M.-Novellen 2.djvu). KäthesBücher (talk) 20:16, 14 July 2018 (UTC)

Yes check.svg Done Ankry (talk) 21:46, 14 July 2018 (UTC)

Tech News: 2018-29[edit]

16:01, 16 July 2018 (UTC)

Tech News: 2018-30[edit]

09:44, 24 July 2018 (UTC)

new gadget[edit]

Maybe some of you noticed that after an edit in the Page namespace, page colouring in the corresponding index tend to disappear (index purge fixes this}. The problem is tracked in phab:T199288. However, if somebody is especially troubled by it, User:Zdzislaw and me created a gadget that is workaround for the problem. You can enable this gadget in yuor preferences (Preferences -> Gadgets -> Interface tools -> Automatically purge an index page when page proofread status colors are missing). This workaround should be removed once T199288 is fixed. Ankry (talk) 06:58, 26 July 2018 (UTC)

Tech News: 2018-31[edit]

14:05, 30 July 2018 (UTC)