Wikisource:Logos By Spirit
NOTE: This is the first logo design submitted for Wikisource on 25 Dec 2005, I have since uploaded a revised version taking some of the below comments into account. You can view the most recent versions at Wikisource:Logo.
FROM THE DESIGNER: I tried to capture the size of this project by using an elemental image, something fundamental. Fire is symbolic of our curiousity and insatiable desire for knowledge, and I thought appropriate here. Comments welcome, thanks.
Comments from users
- Bold, creative, new. Also is 3-D and is very stylish. Yorktown1776
- Reminds me of a marble. While it's creative it doesn't relate to Wikisource. Yorktown1776
- So good, but the red fire association not relevant for us, I think. Maybe there should be a big red "W" letter in the centre, somehow. Gubb 13:23, 3 January 2006 (UTC)
Support this Design
- Beautiful. Stunning. However, it doesn't look very WikiMedia-ish. --Munchkinguy 06:40, 2 January 2006 (UTC)
- Definitely support this design - flames together with blue background (air, water), as the designer says, do have an elemental quality and suggest the 'source' of things. This design mayhave done better if it was nearer the top - I'm not sure many people get down here! ~Breadandroses
- I love this design. It looks brilliant, especially the "elemental" idea to it. Saxsux 14:28, 8 January 2006 (UTC)