xx.wikisource.org: ang | ar | az | bg | bn |bs | ca | cs | cy | da | de | el | en | es | et | fa | fi | fo | fr | gl | he | hr | ht | hy | hu | id | is | it | ja | ko | kn | lt | la | mk | ml | nl | no | pa | pl | pt | ro | ru | sk | sl | sr | sv | te | th | tr | uk | vi | yi | zh | zh-min-nan
Wikisource 2007 FAQ 
- Question: What is Wikisource 2007 and how should it be used?
- Answer: Wikisource 2007 is a news and announcements page for Wikisource in all languages. Please add updates to this page on the Wikisource in your language! Include special projects, special milestones, and even funny happenings. Updates can be in the language of your wiki or in any other language. Remember to sign each entry with your name and date by using ~~~~ (four times) so that this page can chart dated events and progress on your wiki over the course of the entire year!
- Question: How can I publicize Wikisource 2007 so that people on my Wikisource will add updates?
- Answer: Please put a link to Wikisource 2007 on the Main Page of your language's Wikisource. (You can copy the following link: oldwikisource:Wikisource:2007; see how it was done on the English Main Page.)
- Please consider inserting news also on meta:Wikimedia News!
Proposals for closing projects/Closure of Old English Wikisource is still underway.--Jusjih 18:19, 9 March 2007 (UTC)
- Passed, ang: is now gone. 184.108.40.206 00:18, 30 December 2007 (UTC)
- Bengali wikisource (bn.wikisource.org) created on 26th September, 2007.
- On October 2nd Bengali wikisource has reached 100 articles. Hope to reach 1000 articles soon.
- Breton wikisource created on 21st September 2007, here
See also s:cs:Wikisource:Kronika české Wikisource (the chronicle)
- on April 30th the Czech Wikisource has reached 2000 pages (and started a general clean up to better the quality one week ago)
- on September 1st in the lte night we have reached 3000 pages - still without a bot help
- on September 30th we have 3500 pages (still absolutely NO bot edits)
Large projects 
A first milestone has been reached on New Year's Eve, 2006: The first volume of the Allgemeine Deutsche Biographie has completely been transcribed. Every article from this and the second volume has (as of december 2007) at least once been proofread. Using OCR the rest will be done very faster.
Another large work, the Martina - a 15th century verse epos by Hugo von Langenstein consisting of almost 30,000 verses - was completely transcribed and proofreaded twice. The last work steps occurred in January 2007.
Implementing Proofread 2 was a huge success. We're second in usage after fr.
One of our coworkers, Felistoria, discovered a by then unknown baroque print Hundert Grab-Schrifften which was transcribed and proofread very fast.
- The Greek Wikisource has reached 1,000 text units with Μύθος Αισώπου ΡΝΒ'. 555 00:12, 5 February 2007 (UTC)
Wikisource in French language has worked a lot on the quality of the documents. It now hosts works from more than a thousand authors. (The 1000th author was Alfred Marshall, a British economist). On June 13th we have 27 368 texts published. Our 10 admins include 3 bureaucrats, and 1 dev (the one who has made the wonderful Proofreader's Page extension which we have already applied to 52 books). Other projects do well too : the Molière project has validated 8 plays out of 33 ; the Dictionnaire raisonné de l'architecture française du XIe au XVIe siècle has finished the letter A of its 10th (and last) volume and begins its Bs. We have lots of other projects being realized and efficient contributors and we have been in touch with ELG and might have some kind of partnership with them too.
- The Armenian Wikisource was created on November 24, 2007. Import of pages from the test project on wikisource.org was completed on November 25, 2007. With the imported texts, the Armenian Wikisource was ranked 35th with 501 pages (these include 36 author pages, which will be moved to a separate namespace soon). -- Teak 15:39, 26 November 2007 (UTC)
- On December 15, 4 new namespaces (with the linked discussion namespaces) were created in the Armenian Wikisource: Author(100), Portal(102), Page(104), Index(106). This allowed the author pages to be moved to a separate namespace, and thus eliminate them from the text-count. On December 18, 2007 the first proofread pages appeared on hywikisource ― a 4-page article by Hovhannes Tumanyan. ― Teak 22:08, 18 December 2007 (UTC)
- The Italian Wikisource has reached 5,000 text units with Artaserse/Atto terzo/Scena VIII. 555 23:52, 4 February 2007 (UTC)
- February: bold refurbishing of Edittols to help newbies and longtime users to insert important tags.
- The Italian Wikisource has reached 5,300 text units. IPork 15:31, 13 March 2007 (UTC)
- March: After an all February long census for unsourced texts (thanks to Torredibabele, and a spamming campaign to alert all ancient contributors to specify the origin of their unsourced texts, a thorough purging session has begun to delete every usourced unverifiable contribution. Less material but trustworthy.
- May: Three new Wikiprojects took off: Scientific texts, Mathematics and Theater
- On June, 4th it.Wikisource chose its seventh administrator: Snark.
- A giant leap in categorization: by using categorized redirects all the previously uncategorized poems included in poetry collections are now intact and categorized at the same time. This method is now extended to a vast array of poetry and prose collections (fables, short stories, and so on).
- The management of our calendar of births and deaths (and other interesting events) included in the main page has evolved to match the flexible format of de.source.
- Some time ago we reached 6,000 text units, but more important is the inauguration of an automated census based on SAL ("Stato di Avanzamento dei Lavoro: in brief a "quality check"): this table, updated four times a day by a bot counts the actual number of texts as seen anche marked with a "textquality template" by real users. Obviously it counts up much fewer texts than raw data show, but it's surely more reliable and offers a good picture of the overall quality in our library. This table now appears in our it:special:Statistics.
- Our admin Frieda (admin in a bunch of other wikis, bureaucrat on it.wikipedia and it.wiktionary) is part of the Board of Trustees of Wikimedia Foundation! she always defended and promoted identity and collaboration between sister projects and was one of the first user of it.wikisource. Congratulations.
- it.source on 18 July recorded its 1000th new user.
- A bug on our stats counter has been fixed. What we always knew is now official: a far greater number of texts than previously showed is now seen: with more than 14,500 texts it.wikisource is catapulted from ninth to sixth place!
- it.source began to use ProofreadingPage extension to show Side by side image view for proofreading.
- We have on Wikisource the first italian (maybe international) bachelor thesis about Wikisource.
- New namespaces "Portale" ("Portal") and "Progetto" ("Project") are now tailored to our needs. Mass migration of Wikiprojects.
Since 15 January 2007 (see here for a table on 14 January and here for a 15 January table)the Portuguese Wikisource is the 5th biggest Wikisource. For a brief period of time the 4th biggest Wikisource, but zh.ws is more fast on adding new texts ;) 555 19:59, 18 January 2007 (UTC)
Also, Portuguese Wikisource have some works specially formated for printing since 14 January, based on a model from Spanish Wikisource (and the Spanish Wikisource model is based on the English Wikibooks system). See s:pt:Wikisource:Versão para impressão and s:es:Wikisource:Versión para imprimir 555 19:59, 18 January 2007 (UTC)
The Romanian Wikisource has reached 5,000 text-units with s:ro:Dialogul unui holtei cu un boierenaş avut, însoţit cu o cucoană de înalt neam 555 03:23, 17 February 2007 (UTC).
- Recently reached 6,000 works within the library. --Rebel2 22:04, 7 September 2007 (UTC)
- See also Викитека:Новости сайта (in Russian)
Russian Wikisource has recently become the tenth largest subdomain from the eleventh.--Jusjih 18:08, 9 March 2007 (UTC)
- 22 September: Russian Wikisource has reached 10,000 articles. The 10,000th article is Тростник by Mikhail Lermontov. -- Sergey kudryavtsev 11:35, 15 January 2009 (UTC)
- 23 November: Russian Wikisource has reached 11,000 articles. The 11,000th article is Жизнь и воротник by Teffi. -- Sergey kudryavtsev 11:35, 15 January 2009 (UTC)
Chinese Wikisource gets its 7900th article, s:zh:大理院統字第1104號解釋, but it has also been overtaken by Portuguese Wikisource in the number of articles and thus fallen into the fifth largest Wikisource.--Jusjih 16:03, 19 January 2007 (UTC)
Chinese Wikisource gets its 10000th article, s:zh:大理院統字第1667號解釋, becoming the fifth Wikisource subdomain to have 10000+ articles after English, French, Spanish, and Portuguese Wikisources.--Jusjih 15:06, 14 March 2007 (UTC)
Chinese Wikisource gets its 11000th article, s:zh:第五届全国人民代表大会第五次会议关于修改《中华人民共和国全国人民代表大会和地方各级人民代表大会选举法》的若干规定的决议.--Jusjih 17:37, 15 April 2007 (UTC)
Chinese Wikisource got its fifth admin on 26 April 2007. Meanwhile, a candidate for adminship is on.--Jusjih 00:05, 2 May 2007 (UTC)
Chinese Wikisource gets its sixth admin on 11 May 2007. Meanwhile, a candidate for adminship is on.--Jusjih 01:19, 11 May 2007 (UTC)
Chinese Wikisource gets its seventh admin on 16 May 2007.--Jusjih 04:37, 16 May 2007 (UTC)
Chinese Wikisource with fast new article creations has overtaken Portuguese Wikisource in article numbers and once again become the fourth largest Wikisource subdomain.--Jusjih 16:08, 11 June 2007 (UTC)
Chinese Wikisource over 20000th articles. --Shizhao 08:41, 11 October 2007 (UTC)
Chinese Wikisource gets its 23000th article.--Jusjih 00:00, 3 December 2007 (UTC)
- See also:
- 555 17:19, 1 January 2007 (UTC)
Start of 2007 
Wikisource starts the year (UTC time) with:
|12||English||English (Portal)||www||2874||10844||248409||27||5459||789||2007-01-01 00:43:45|
|34||Indonesian||Bahasa Indonesia||id||159||1090||2244||2||211||0||2007-01-01 00:43:08|
|44||Vietnamese||Tiếng Việt||vi||33||692||1104||1||66||0||2007-01-01 00:43:38|
|47||Min Nan||Bân-lâm-gú||zh-min-nan||18||134||427||1||23||2||2007-01-01 00:43:39|
|51||Haitian||Krèyol ayisyen||ht||0||4||2||0||9||0||2007-01-01 00:43:33|
Grand Total 
|156 555||356 359||1 394 584||207||22 659||28 362|