|Search user languages|
N.B. This page (or a portion of it) is on the multilingual wikisource (www.wikisource.org), if you are viewing it from a language subdomain, you are viewing it through interwiki transclusion. Clicking on links that appear local, or the [page] link above, will take you to the multilingual wikisource. Interwiki transclusion may not display properly in non-compliant browsers; in addition, links may be to non-existent pages but will not show redlinks, unless the link is to a page on the multilingual Wikisource.
I am "Doug" on all Wikimedia Foundation Projects.
I am an administrator and importer (i.e. xml import-upload right) on the multilingual wikisource (www.wikisource.org), an admin and bureaucrat on Latin Wikisource, and an admin on English Wikisource, English Wikipedia, and MediaWiki.org and I run DougBot on several Wikisource subdomains, mediawiki.org, meta, and commons. I have a second bot, InterwikiBot, for interwiki language links, but it is inactive as Candalua has improved the process and I defer to him.
I have developmental installs of MediaWiki both local and live and I do some trivial development work on both MediaWiki and WordPress.
I'm a U.S. lawyer. Although I would not consider myself an expert, by professional standards, I'm professionally familiar with U.S. copyright law and by most lay standards I would be considered an expert. I only have a general understanding of the copyright laws of other countries. I can help with copyright research, particularly with respect to non-renewal of pre-1963 US works.
I work as an internal auditor for the US Government and as a Defense Attorney in the US Army Reserve.
fertiggestellt Werke/œuvres complètes/Completed Works I have contributed significantly to
- Shaving Made Easy - (index) on the English Wikisource
- Dionysos-Dithyramben - (index) von Friedrich Nietzsche auf die deutsche Wikisource
- Songs of Prince Free-as-a-Bird - (index) by Friedrich Nietzsche on the English Wikisource
- The Yellow Wall Paper - (index) by Charlotte Perkins Stetson on the English Wikisource
meine Projekte/mes projets/Things I'm working on or want to work on
- de:Index:Magische Werke (De Occulta Philosophia) (1855).djvu - created index before I knew about the rule re permission to proofread large works on de.
- en:Three Books of Occult Philosophy - (index) - proofreading and creating new mainspace pages, need tables and images
- en:Fourth Book of Occult Philosophy - (index) - proofreading and creating new mainspace pages, need tables and images
- en:The Art of Cookery Made Plain and Easy (1774) - (index) - proofreading
- en:The Complete Confectioner (1800) - (index) - proofreading started
- en:The Husbandman and Housewife - (index) - proofreading started
- en:Meat for Thrifty Meals - (index) - other editors uploaded and started at my suggestion, I've done a little work on it; proofreading and image upload are underway
- en:The Art of Distillation - (index) - proofreading started but needs djvutext2.py to derive starting text
- en:The poems of Gaius Valerius Catullus (Cornish) - (index)
- en:The Chronicles of England, Scotland and Ireland (index)
- en:A Treatise on the Law of the Prerogatives of the Crown (index)
- The Complete Works of Friedrich Nietzsche edited by Oscar Levy (vol. 10 index)
- The International Jew by Henry Ford (vol.1 index)
- en:The Tragedy of Hamlet, Prince of Denmark - Match and split?
- en:Essays, civil and moral (Harvard Classics) (en:Index:The Harvard Classics Vol. 3.djvu) - Needs to be matched and split then the rest of the book can be derived from the OCR using djvutext2.py
- la:Disquisitiones arithmeticae
- fr:Le Viandier (fr:w:Viandier, en:w:Le Viandier)
- la:Liber de Coquina (en:w:Liber de Coquina)
- la:Apicius (en:w:Apicius) (latin transcription available here)(translations available here (has other Latin and Greek translations) and here
- en:Form de cury (translation available here
- fr:Le Ménagier de Paris (en:w:Le Ménagier de Paris) (translation available here
- fr:Du fait de cuisine (fr:w:Du fait de cuisine, en:w:Du fait de cuisine)
Texts I am Looking For
Texts I want a source for:
- Beschreibung allerfürnemisten mineralischen Ertzt vnnd Bergkwercks arten (Treatise on the foremost mineralogy and metallurgy) (1598) by de:w:Lazarus Ercker
- There is a partial copy, apparently just illustrations, here, there are some complete copies linked from the German wikipedia.
- The Art of Cookery Made Plain and Easy (London 1747)
- We have the 1774 edition, see above, but the original would be better.
- De incertitudine et vanitate scientiarum atque artium (1527, Latin)
- Declamatio de nobilitate et praecellentia foeminei sexus (1529, Latin)
- Female Pre-eminence: or the Dignity and Excellency of that Sex, above the Male: An Ingenious Discourse (1670, translated by H.C.)
- The Compleat Confectioner (1760) Hannah Glasse
- We have the 1800 edition, see above, but the original would be better.
- Professed Cookery (1760) Ann Cook
- My Secret Life
- The Oyster
- The Boudoir
- w:The Convent School, or Early Experiences of A Young Flagellant
- Forme of Cury 14 C. English cookbook
- MediaWiki:Modernisation.js - may have application to our annotations issues on en.ws
- Wikisource:Subdomain_coordination - apparently a lot of ws's allow annotations
- Wikisource talk:Subdomain coordination - see Dovi's comment here about annotations on the hebrew wikisource